Homepage Update: Liverpool vs Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I now believe that there is a chasm between us and the RS that can never be bridged. Some of the vitriol from both the RS fans and the Kloppite astonishes me. In my 50 years of supporting the blues never have I seen or witnessed the utter horse [Poor language removed] that I am now. I am not quoting the RS crap because no doubt most of you have heard or read it already. Bitter blue? No. Not us Evertonians, we never have been. The RS are bitter, and always they have existed in the shadow of Everton and our beautiful history and nothing will EVER change that.

Just watched the game again and the Klopp interview, funny man, should be on the tele with Michael McIntyre

Guys went there with a job on not letting Liverpool play to their best, they succeeded, not pretty whatsoever but a point we were not expecting to get with everybody praying for snow!

JJK was MOTM by far, excellent performance, though DCL played well to, but what a ball from Rooney for the penalty

Need to back this up though with a good performance against the Geordies on Wednesday, need to get a least a point

On another note I think Davies needs a rest for a few games, looking very jaded and out of ideas

Couldn’t watch the game today, heart can’t take it. Can someone fill me in with how Holgate got on? Lad had improved rapidly and was hoping he put a decent game in today.

Apparently JJK was class again. Shame the lad is not left footed, ready made replacement for Baines.

Baffling decision by Klopp not to play the four of them, get the game won and then take them off. Helped us massively them not playing Coutinho who IMO is their best player.

Hard to really single out Kenny or Holgate mate.

Dunkirk spirit, never say die...Holgate ice cool while Kenny very vocal...basically stopped literally everything coming at them...Holgate was like a machine...does something...back to position..and repeat...Kenny the same but LOUD! Clear leader.

Kenny for me was more 'noticable' as they tried to attack more out wide but important not to forget that Holgate and him were really a unit together on the right half of the defence.

Contract those two with martina and Williams (and some will say Williams played well) who looked feeble (cuco) and a talentless lump (Williams) and its a massive contrast.

I wonder if we had a Kenny and a Holgate on the left sided 2 slots if wed have ever conceded.

Just watched the game again and the Klopp interview, funny man, should be on the tele with Michael McIntyre

Guys went there with a job on not letting Liverpool play to their best, they succeeded, not pretty whatsoever but a point we were not expecting to get with everybody praying for snow!

JJK was MOTM by far, excellent performance, though DCL played well to, but what a ball from Rooney for the penalty

Need to back this up though with a good performance against the Geordies on Wednesday, need to get a least a point

On another note I think Davies needs a rest for a few games, looking very jaded and out of ideas

Kenny outstanding...Holgate a clear 2nd for me and 3rd would be Pickford.

...Kenny, Williams and Holgate did very well. Pickford might not have had to make any crucial saves but he just gives the impression that he’s in control. I went for the keeper.

Chuffed for Rooney. Only the most special players have a career like his, only the most special players add a Derby goal to their CV when they don’t have one and when his team most need it. He was getting stick from their fans and shoved it back down their throats. Cometh the hour.

Did you think Williams was decent? Cuco was next to him so that has an impact, but I thought Kenny and Holgate looked really assured whilst Williams seemed very agricultural to me...

Did you think Williams was decent? Cuco was next to him so that has an impact, but I thought Kenny and Holgate looked really assured whilst Williams seemed very agricultural to me...

..I thought Williams did fine, Zat. Agricultural and raw is what he is but we did restrict them to three shots on target and Pickford didn’t have a major save to make. We gave away one free kick in a dangerous shooting position, so we were disciplined.

I absolutely hate the guy but I thought Ashley Williams was man of the match. Immense performance. All of the defence was brilliant (apart from that Muppet Martina) and Jordan is absolutely class, what a goalie he is going to be.

Hard to really single out Kenny or Holgate mate.

Dunkirk spirit, never say die...Holgate ice cool while Kenny very vocal...basically stopped literally everything coming at them...Holgate was like a machine...does something...back to position..and repeat...Kenny the same but LOUD! Clear leader.

Kenny for me was more 'noticable' as they tried to attack more out wide but important not to forget that Holgate and him were really a unit together on the right half of the defence.

Contract those two with martina and Williams (and some will say Williams played well) who looked feeble (cuco) and a talentless lump (Williams) and its a massive contrast.

I wonder if we had a Kenny and a Holgate on the left sided 2 slots if wed have ever conceded.

Was thinking the same thing about Kenny being a future Everton captain. In an ideal world, after Jags Seamus should be captain, then after Seamus Jonjoe Kenny. Early days obviously and a lot can happen, but to me he has the personality, a bit of fire in his belly, and seems to be very vocal on the pitch.

I absolutely hate the guy but I thought Ashley Williams was man of the match. Immense performance. All of the defence was brilliant (apart from that Muppet Martina) and Jordan is absolutely class, what a goalie he is going to be.

Agreed, Williams has had a very good last ten days or so after a terrible two months. However he would have been well in the doghouse if Mane had squared that ball at the end of the second half for the RS to score. It was his mad moment of diving in on Mane which gave them that opportunity.

Fine margins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.