Homepage Update: Liverpool vs Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking the same thing about Kenny being a future Everton captain. In an ideal world, after Jags Seamus should be captain, then after Seamus Jonjoe Kenny. Early days obviously and a lot can happen, but to me he has the personality, a bit of fire in his belly, and seems to be very vocal on the pitch.

If he keeps progressing I don't think Coleman will be a shoe in to get back in + if Coleman gets back to his best then I wonder what happens then :eek:

its bizarre that the right half of defence looks sorted with Holgate/Keane/Kenny/Coleman and yet the left half is dire.

If he keeps progressing I don't think Coleman will be a shoe in to get back in + if Coleman gets back to his best then I wonder what happens then :eek:

its bizarre that the right half of defence looks sorted with Holgate/Keane/Kenny/Coleman and yet the left half is dire.

.... And it's not really all that long ago that on the right we had Tony Hibbert and Lars Jacobsen :oops:

I now believe that there is a chasm between us and the RS that can never be bridged. Some of the vitriol from both the RS fans and the Kloppite astonishes me. In my 50 years of supporting the blues never have I seen or witnessed the utter horse [Poor language removed] that I am now. I am not quoting the RS crap because no doubt most of you have heard or read it already. Bitter blue? No. Not us Evertonians, we never have been. The RS are bitter, and always they have existed in the shadow of Everton and our beautiful history and nothing will EVER change that.
I blame the long cold Norwegian Winters.

Funny that Mo Salad Face can discard Martina like a pair of soiled underpants - literally chucking him to the floor - and there's not the merest comment on that. But little Dominic threw a tantrum or even fell into Liveren. Didn't they win a CL with a penalty 50 times more dubious?

Still. It's lovely to hear the moaning.

Funny that Mo Salad Face can discard Martina like a pair of soiled underpants - literally chucking him to the floor - and there's not the merest comment on that. But little Dominic threw a tantrum or even fell into Liveren. Didn't they win a CL with a penalty 50 times more dubious?

Still. It's lovely to hear the moaning.
I didn't see the pen shout as my stream had packed in by then. However, I did see an incident in the 1st half where DCL and some red nomark both sprinted onto the ball. The red clearly went to change direction to go shoulder to shoulder, and DCL slowed meaning that he missed his challenge and went flying leaving DCL standing with a free route to goal. Free kick to the rs ffs! Cheers ref.

Could Kenny or Coleman be used at left back?

It's sure better than Martina at left back

Red fan here. Congrats to Sam and Everton, for the point. Can't say it was deserved but none the less, Liverpool failed to take advantage of their opportunities.
Penalty was a bit soft, I am guessing Everton fans wouldn't have been happy if that was given against them.
Sam managed to organize that defence well in such a short time, always knew he could do that. Looking forward to the match at Goodison and the FA cup.

Sugar coated a terrible performance. Some of these lads have defeatist tattooed on their foreheads, they go into that fixture already beaten. Now we act like we have won an FA cup because we spawned a draw. I'll take it all day but it wasn't pretty. We are out of the FA if we play like that again.

Good result in the end though, and they call us bitters haha.

Red fan here. Congrats to Sam and Everton, for the point. Can't say it was deserved but none the less, Liverpool failed to take advantage of their opportunities.
Penalty was a bit soft, I am guessing Everton fans wouldn't have been happy if that was given against them.
Sam managed to organize that defence well in such a short time, always knew he could do that. Looking forward to the match at Goodison and the FA cup.

Can honestly say I call things like that in a totally unbiased fashion - it's a penalty, regardless of what end it occurred at.

Similarly, Salah didn't foul Martina and it was a sensational goal. Gomez should have been booked early on. etc. etc.

Football is football for me - no point in lying to myself as it changes nothing; I just view the incident. Sure, these things can be subjective, but for that penalty, by the laws of the game, it's objectively the right decision.

Furthermore, you say the point wasn't deserved, but we nullified you to three shots on target to our two and set up to play that way. So we executed our game plan arguably better than you did, so "deserved" is a fair description for our point in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.