Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said previously, the sum of all our parts are far greater than Burnley's, but we don't match what we offer as a collective. They play more like a team.

As fans we've got very little belief regarding today's performance due to their performances; I hope they have as little belief otherwise it's already a loss.

The RS will play a strong team today as a win is vital for them with the hope they can bring key players off around 50-60 mins if they're comfortable.
I'm not sure that the sum of all our parts is greater than Burmey's. We tend to believe that our payers are better footballers than the evidence suggests (think Gomes, Gordon, DCL) and have done this for many years (Deulofeu, Besic, Walcott). I don't think we're alone in this. I can't see Premier League clubs lining up to sign many of the current squad when we go down and, unfortunately, looking at the respective fixtures and Lampard's limitations as a manager, i think we will go down. This lot are useless not through lack of trying/desire (they play football and, like 99.9% of people who play football, they want to win). They are useless because.....they're useless (and we've had/have useless managers to up the uselessness quotient)!

Sky just said Everton have won just one of 44 derbies this century. Of course they could have said Everton won this fixture last season but that would not be derogatory would it :rant:

Well I mean that’s not even right is it. Since 2000 we’ve won far more than one. It’s probably one this decade (if the decade started after our win in 2010) or it’s two.

Status
Not open for further replies.