Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll probably get slapped, but just how sweet would it be to shut that lot up. The meltdown would be incredible. There’d be riots.
Even if we put out the performance of the season the FA would have instructed the officials to make sure their team don’t drop points.

Even if we put out the performance of the season the FA would have instructed the officials to make sure their team don’t drop points.

There’ll be underhand refereeing today no doubt. It will come in all forms. We’ll get a yellow card the first tackle we do especially if it’s Allan or Richie. They’ll blow up free kicks all the time for them, we’ll get yellow cards for simulation, 50 50 throw ins or corners will be given to them straight away. Pens will be given that VAR then can’t rule out whereas the other way round they’re not given then it’s not clear and obvious that VAR can overrule it. Seen it all before against this lot, they are the establishment team and get protected like it.

I’d probably not risk anyone injury prone who could have a decent impact in the games we actually have a chance in. I’d play:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Branthwaite Myko
Doucoure Allan VdB
Gray Rondon El Ghazi

We’re getting bummed anyway, imagine a bumming + injuries to Mina, Delph, Rich etc. Given the season we’ve had it wouldn’t surprise anyone.

1-0 to Everton, El Ghazi with the goal.

We epitomise the saying "putting a square peg in a round hole". We've got defenders who are more suited to playing a low block, 2 banks of 4 defensive system and a manager who wants to play the high pressing game that's currently in vogue. Our forwards are capable of the high press but the defense and midfield isn't due to age, or lack of quality.
I've just said something similar in the Keane thread regarding his qualities and how they don't match our style. Look at how we set up our midfield too.
I'm not sure that the sum of all our parts is greater than Burmey's. We tend to believe that our payers are better footballers than the evidence suggests (think Gomes, Gordon, DCL) and have done this for many years (Deulofeu, Besic, Walcott). I don't think we're alone in this. I can't see Premier League clubs lining up to sign many of the current squad when we go down and, unfortunately, looking at the respective fixtures and Lampard's limitations as a manager, i think we will go down. This lot are useless not through lack of trying/desire (they play football and, like 99.9% of people who play football, they want to win). They are useless because.....they're useless (and we've had/have useless managers to up the uselessness quotient)!
I'm not so sure. If you look on a 1:1 level and compare Burnley's squad with our own, I do believe that many of our players are better than theirs.

That's not to say they're great players or shining lights in the PL, but rather they aren't as poor as people perceive. I don't think we're bottom three on paper.

But, and it's a BIG but, I feel we lack balance in terms of the squad, there's too much weighting towards poor mobility, and worst of all they're not a 'team'.

As above, too many cases of the wrong players being utilised in the wrong position with limited tactical awareness. The lack of unity exacerbates that more so.

I'm far from a fan of Rondon although I'd start him today in his main position and put Richarlison in his; yet, I can see Richy ineffectually leading the line, again.

I’d probably not risk anyone injury prone who could have a decent impact in the games we actually have a chance in. I’d play:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Branthwaite Myko
Doucoure Allan VdB
Gray Rondon El Ghazi

We’re getting bummed anyway, imagine a bumming + injuries to Mina, Delph, Rich etc. Given the season we’ve had it wouldn’t surprise anyone.

1-0 to Everton, El Ghazi with the goal.
I’m sorry, that’s a 8-0 team

Just started manically laughing remembering this was today. If fat Frank's past away games are anything to go off we are going to get absolutely cooked 8-0 by playing a ludicrously high line.

Just put some 18s on the bench so that once they get the 5th we can put them on and make sure one of theirs leaves on a stretcher

I wish we had Cahill in this team. Forgotten how good he was for us. Would always put up a fight in the big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.