Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d settle for an own goal off Van Dyke’s arse of course but a proper cult hero goal to win would be amazing
Imagine Coleman recreating the Jagielka last minute screamer into the kop and then combusting with emotion

We have too few memorable moments don't we mate. We all say "The Andy Johnson Derby, the Kanchelskis Derby, The Sharp Derby, the Andy King Derby" etc well it would be nice if this lot could salvage a precious win and one that lives in the memory for all the right reasons today.

Totally get players maybe not wanting to talk about it. But I've heard too many of them saying "we're too good to go down".

Quality wise? Sure we should have enough to not be in this position.

Attitude wise? 100% relegation material.
As I've said previously, the sum of all our parts are far greater than Burnley's, but we don't match what we offer as a collective. They play more like a team.

As fans we've got very little belief regarding today's performance due to their performances; I hope they have as little belief otherwise it's already a loss.

The RS will play a strong team today as a win is vital for them with the hope they can bring key players off around 50-60 mins if they're comfortable.

Last edited:
I have a specific stats system that's used for work and pretty much guaranteed that I paid off my mortgage for my Castle when I was 21. I've ran the numbers and -

6 letters in the word Sunday x the hour kick off is (4.30pm but you don't select the minutes) =24

24 ÷ how many turds you've had so far just thinking about the game = 24÷12 = 2

Add how many roast potatoes you plan on having (4) = 2+4 = 6

Pick a number between 10 and 15 (I picked 15)
6x15 = 90

Using my complex system and obviously I've configured the weather, wind, shadows on pitch and weight of moisturiser the players use which accounts for another 2% in the system, it basically tells me we have a 92% chance of a positive result.

I'm toying with the idea of lobbing a 50p bet I don't mind admitting.

As I've said previously, the sum of all are parts are far greater than Burnley's, but we don't match what we offer as a collective. They play more like a team.

As fans we've got very little belief regarding today's performance due to their performances; I hope they have as little belief otherwise it's already a loss.

The RS will play a strong team today as a win is vital for them with the hope they can bring key players off around 50-60 mins if they're comfortable.
We epitomise the saying "putting a square peg in a round hole". We've got defenders who are more suited to playing a low block, 2 banks of 4 defensive system and a manager who wants to play the high pressing game that's currently in vogue. Our forwards are capable of the high press but the defense and midfield isn't due to age, or lack of quality.

We have to knock them off their game, rough them up a little. We've all seen Klopp having a whinge when his players get roughed up so then rough them up. That doesn't mean going in to reckless challenges to cause injury and get sent off, it means being physical and playing on the periphery of the rules.

We're too nice, I want everyone to hate us for being "dirty Everton". I'd rather be dirty than a push over. Loads of pushing and shoving at corners, tangled up legs and stuff like that.

You can't play them at their own game or they'll blitz you inside 20 minutes, you can try to contain them but that's going to be difficult for 90 minutes. You have to make it a horrible game, a midfield slog and then try to catch them when their full backs are caught high up the field.

I have a specific stats system that's used for work and pretty much guaranteed that I paid off my mortgage for my Castle when I was 21. I've ran the numbers and -

6 letters in the word Sunday x the hour kick off is (4.30pm but you don't select the minutes) =24

24 ÷ how many turds you've had so far just thinking about the game = 24÷12 = 2

Add how many roast potatoes you plan on having (4) = 2+4 = 6

Pick a number between 10 and 15 (I picked 15)
6x15 = 90

Using my complex system and obviously I've configured the weather, wind, shadows on pitch and weight of moisturiser the players use which accounts for another 2% in the system, it basically tells me we have a 92% chance of a positive result.

I'm toying with the idea of lobbing a 50p bet I don't mind admitting.
Only four roast potatoes? Lightweight.:)

The only positive I can take after reading this thread is that I'm confident Frank Lampard won't be having such a forlorn attitude to this game. So a boilover is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.