Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the liverpool love in on sky sports tomorrow ? just hoping we don't get embarrassed

It’s their favourite game of the season. The team they love the most v the team they hate the most. Even when we beat them last season they were so bothered that Carragher didn’t even give a man of the match.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Myko
Gordon Doucoure Allan Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon

Relatively easy choices since:
- Mina and Delph can’t play or they’ll get injured
- Need two wingers who track back to match their fullbacks and Gray has been poor/won’t do that

And that basically leaves the starting 11 as the only real choices.

??????

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650748039249.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650748039249.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 90

perhaps a little more optimism? We’re not favourites, but the doomongering is ridiculous. There’s two sides playing football, the ball is round and it’s a derby. Anything can happen.
Just need some courage on the pitch and in the stands.
what we need to do is keep calm and finish with 11 players, losing players to suspension could be quite damaging in the games to come.

Sooner you make peace with the fact that we're getting absolutely drilled tomorrow the better

It's impossible to make peace with anything that causes pain, regardless how inevitable it is.

Sit in a quiet room for 10 minutes and honestly think about what it means as an Evertonian if we were to be relegated.

I know we'll get beat tomorrow. But making peace with that is impossible for me personally.

As I mentioned, I'd have Iwobi and Richarlison to press their players on the ball.

Otherwise its 2 banks of 4 to defend. The only target is simply not to concede and frustrate.

The interesting thing will be whether Lampard 'goes' for it and starts Delph and Mina. I wouldnt play either of them.
You still need an out ball though

Honestly this might sound daft and probably wont happen I'd rather grey up front then richie. We're not going to hold the ball up and have much possession, better to play on the counter and that's grey's strength. Also it would allow rich to provide more of a defensive contribution as grey has been a liability in that regard
Well it doesn't really solve any issue though as Gray would also get dominated.

You need an outball there, someone to be able to challenge the defenders.

Unfortunately being able to play in fast players behind the lines requires a) a really good passer from deep (we don't have that) or an ability to get the ball forward into midfield and, we won't have that if we don't have any of the ball (which is likely)

It really does have to be Rondon.

Last Merseyside derby for a couple of years. Enjoy. Won’t be watching myself as I’ll be on a plane to sunnier climes. I won’t have my holiday ruined.

The reality is I don't think Everton have ever been further from that side. Even in the early 80's. There shouldn't be
much pressure on us all the pressure will be on them. Here's hoping we have a plan that gives us a chance to do them when they least expect it.

Arguably the bigger game for us is Burnley v Wolves tomorrow - that one feels like a huge game for them, win two in a row and things are looking rosy for them with winnable games ahead. Hope Wolves turn up.

For our sake - I’m usually optimistic about us in any game - but tomorrow could well be a painful day in our history with defeat to them and sinking into the dreaded bottom three with only six left to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.