Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports Scum.

If I could have a free go at kicking someone's face in for 5 minutes it'd have to be that short arsed nobhead Stelling. Oily, second hand car salesman get.

Sky Sports Scum.

If I could have a free go at kicking someone's face in for 5 minutes it'd have to be that short arsed nobhead Stelling. Oily, second hand car salesman get.
See the reliable font of footballing knowledge aka Paul Merson reckons we’re “a million miles” behind the RS in terms of quality and they’ll brush us aside easily...

The dribbling coke head.

See the reliable font of footballing knowledge aka Paul Merson reckons we’re “a million miles” behind the RS in terms of quality and they’ll brush us aside easily...

The dribbling coke head.

The others were just as bad. A dismissal of Everton's chances as if this Liverpool team were blowing teams away.

Silva should play that "assessment" in the drsesing room tomorrow.

Spank these, Blues. Would love it, LOVE IT, if we could beat them fair and square. No controversial penalties, no red cards, no bad injuries. Just a deserved victory for the better team. That said, I'll take an undeserved red for them and us scoring the only goal from the penalty that would have been overturned if VAR was being used.

Spank these, Blues. Would love it, LOVE IT, if we could beat them fair and square. No controversial penalties, no red cards, no bad injuries. Just a deserved victory for the better team. That said, I'll take an undeserved red for them and us scoring the only goal from the penalty that would have been overturned if VAR was being used.

Would be even funnier if that penalty came back off the post and went in off Allison's backside lollollol

Would be even funnier if that penalty came back off the post and went in off Allison's backside lollollol
That'd kin do tbh. Give me that now.

Let's not downplay them though - they're extremely dangerous and can score goals against any defence. Their keeper is superb and they have one of the best centre halves around.

No team can expect to go there and win, least of all us with our pitiful history over the last two decades(!).

I'll take a draw, but I know if it all clicks we can beat them. It's very much against us though.

They all hate us on sky sports news don't they. Not one of them ever has anything positive to say they just um an ah when it comes to us. All went for a Liverpool win to which can be understandable but some of them reckon comfortable even tho a terrible Everton team got a point there last year.
I can understand them all going for a Liverpool win as you say. They're at home and in fine form themselves. You only have to look at the bookies odds ffs.

But it was the comments that dissed me off. Every one of them was totally dismissive of us. Le tissier said we were miles away from Liverpool still. When asked whether we had closed the gap on Liverpool this season he laughed, then said "very slightly". Nicholas said we had a better team under Moyes (I can only remember one season out of 11 that you could offer that argument) and even under Koeman's first season. Thompson was asked whether our performance away to Chelsea proved we could mix it with the big boys. His response?, we should have lost and only a worldie performance from Pickford kept us in it. Nobody's said that about United over the last 5/6 years when De Gea has won them games. It's what he's there for after all. And no mention of the fact that we should have played an hour against 10 men, arguably 9.

This lot, Thompson apart, used to be quite supportive of Everton, but all that changed when our fans turned on Allardyce last season. I wonder how they would have felt if Allardyce had been in charge of their own teams, Arsenal Southampton Chelsea and Liverpool. Pretty certain they wouldn't have been happy with his defensive tactics. They're all two faced, arrogant tosspots, and in the event Everton do happen to turn them over tomorrow, I hope Jeff Stelling does the decent thing next Saturday and rub their noses in those comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.