Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the better footy, matched them, was really looking too Sigurdsson today, he had a poor game. Gana sloppy at times. Gomes boss, Richarlson quiet, Walcott, defensively good, not as good going forward, Bernard played well, got up and down the pitch, Keane really good again, Pickford...…...

All of our players new to the derby, without psychological hangups, now have THAT to dwell on.

We played great but that's just a huge hammer blow.

A point would have been fine under the circumstances but for Basil Fawlty in goal.

This is exactly what I take away. New squad with some grit, and now they get a jolt of neeves/bottle thrown in.

Origi, a player who hasn't played a game for liverpool since 2017, scores a goal after the ball bounces off the bar twice from a mishit sliced shot, with the last kick off the game to win the derby. I mean if that isn't enough Everton-ing I don't know how we will manage to top that.

Yep, that's just won't be beaten for years I don't think.

I think we brought that on ourselves, we went too defensive and invited the pressure, taking sigurdsson off and bringing on zouma was a mistake, we got over run in midfield and when we had the ball there was no clear plan. If we had not have done that we would have got at least a point.

Prior to that we had chances and didn't take them

Oh it will. Imagine bringing it up with your mates in the pub in a year´s time. No one is going to be sitting there talking about how plucky Everton were, it´s just laughs all around at Origi scoring the winning goal and Everton losing yet again.
Ok then, bring up Reina hugging AJs head then

Status
Not open for further replies.