Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

So for us to win the Derby we'll need a load of luck and and a crooked Ref:

If Liverpool plays well, they’ll win the football match. If everything goes right for Everton, they’ve possibly got a chance, but they’d need the referee to be on their side, they’d need a load of luck for them to get a result“ ... Tim Sherwood
Meh! I’ve met Sherwood, he smells funny!

Pretty sure the game should have finished as well. Time up, before that goal the horrible gits.

Add that to the Distin disallowed goal. This still makes me angry.

The Liverpool sides when we had Moyes were not all that and we were a decent side! Moyes just played like a coward there, and set in a loser mentality IMO. Not all his fault the awful record since obviously. I don’t think Moyes would have won there in a million years.

Sadly he gave up the Ghost for most of the Derby games, before a Ball was kicked , aside of Carsleys great goal, in the EPL, and Goslings FAC goal, courtesy of the only decent pass, Shandy made in his time at Everton.
UTFTs!

I don’t think the Pickford Derby at Anfield was a disgrace, the team deserved at the very least a draw, they worked their socks off until the last minute blunder by Jordan, Gomes was outstanding, the only time he ever was for the Blues and he could/ should have scored the winner with an header, only one game but we outfought them that day.

if we approach tomorrows game like that one we have a better than even chanc.

Well we might have had two or three more wins but for 11 or 12 games under Moyes we went there not to lose, he was happy with a draw.
Yep, looking back he didn't put enough whiskey in his porridge those Derby days.

I recall am early ko in 2007, at their place it was very Foggy that morning, like a scene from James Herbert horror walking up to the ground, but the chances Everton missed in the 2nd half AJ and TC, was a game where Everton could and should have won.

But the old cliche, and fine margins. Hopefully today Everton earn the right to play and prevail over the RS.
UTFTs!

Status
Not open for further replies.