Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight people have been arrested after Saturday's Merseyside derby, where a female fan and a police officer were hit by bottles.
The officer suffered a laceration to his face and was treated at Anfield stadium after the attack at about 11:50 BST, Merseyside Police said.
Eight people were held on suspicion of various offences, including hate and tragedy chanting, and ticket touting.
Police described the behaviour as "totally unacceptable".

Eight people have been arrested after Saturday's Merseyside derby, where a female fan and a police officer were hit by bottles.
The officer suffered a laceration to his face and was treated at Anfield stadium after the attack at about 11:50 BST, Merseyside Police said.
Eight people were held on suspicion of various offences, including hate and tragedy chanting, and ticket touting.
dog-sniffing.gif

Thank you for your first post of the season in this thread gog and copying and pasting it in the Liverpool witchunt thread.

Your investigative work is truly appreciated.

Don Hutchinson goal - later told by Graham Poll himself it should of stood.
Gerrard horror tackle and Gary Naysmith - not even a booking.
Macallister freekick being moved forward 5 yards.
Origi goal after extra time has finished.
Kuyt 2 footed lunge through the air. Reckless, out of control, dangerous.
Suarez dive, getting Jack Rodwell sent off - later rescinded.
Carragher hauling down Lescott in injury time - no penalty awarded.
Gordon being tripped from behind for a clear penalty - not given.
Van Dijk leg breaker on Onana.
Add today to the very long list of poor decisions. The facts speak for themselves. Referees simply can’t handle this game and usually give the decisions to Liverpool.

The only ones I will give them is Mane was never offside for the goal that would of won the game at Goodison and Pickford killing Van Dijk, it’s hardly equalling out.
What about the time Hibbert made a tackle outside the box and had the yellow in his hand until Gerrard whispered something in his ear then suddenly it was a red.. Clattenberg with the worst refereeing preformance in history.. the only call he got right was sending off Phil Neville.

Last edited:
He did his job.

The play book was ALWAYS going to be use a Merseyside Derby to make good the Diaz 'mistake'.

I said yesterday that the only way we avoided that was if Dyche had used his time in the media in the run up to the derby to hammer home the terrible record against Everton in derbies in terms of sendings off and pens conceded, and stated that he hoped the officials wouldn't spoil the spectacle this time around. There's no use (as he did) crying about it after the match.

Dyche is not savvy enough for gamesmanship and putting the authorities on the spot. De Zerbi is, and that's how they didn't get robbed against Liverpool the game after the Spurs-Diaz game. Dyche is too much looking after Dyche with the media.

All 3 were pens.
The point was two were not given.

Well think about it then. Instead of the passage of playing continuing as it did with no sending off, had he been sent off, then inevitably there would have been a delay in play with the ref reaching for his card, showing his card, the RS player walking off, etc.. The passgae of play would then have been completely different, and it would be 10 v. 10. It would not have been the same. That is irrefutable...
#causality

Don Hutchinson goal - later told by Graham Poll himself it should of stood.
Gerrard horror tackle and Gary Naysmith - not even a booking.
Macallister freekick being moved forward 5 yards.
Origi goal after extra time has finished.
Kuyt 2 footed lunge through the air. Reckless, out of control, dangerous.
Suarez dive, getting Jack Rodwell sent off - later rescinded.
Carragher hauling down Lescott in injury time - no penalty awarded.
Gordon being tripped from behind for a clear penalty - not given.
Van Dijk leg breaker on Onana.
Add today to the very long list of poor decisions. The facts speak for themselves. Referees simply can’t handle this game and usually give the decisions to Liverpool.

The only ones I will give them is Mane was never offside for the goal that would of won the game at Goodison and Pickford killing Van Dijk, it’s hardly equalling out.

Mate i have so many more to add to that list. Just a few though that still make me chuckle.

Nevin chopped down in the box right in front of me in FA cup tie. Put my arms in the air as i thought yes..we've got a pen. Ref then starts booking Everton players and clearly threatens to send them off 😂😂

Wayne clarke rising at the back post to nod the winner, again right in front of me. Ref chalks it off when he didnt(clarke) touch a soul.

Tony hibberts sending off. Clattenburg points to the spot. Gerrard goes over to clattenburg and whispers in his ear. Clattenburg immediately gets out the red card.

I could just carry on reeling them off.

What about the time Hibbert made a tackle outside the box and had the yellow in his hand until Gerrard whispered something in his ear then suddenly it was a red.. Clattenberg with the worst refereeing preformance in history.. the only call he got right was sending off Phil Neville.

Just posted the same mate. Sorry i didnt see your post. All that was brushed under the carpet. I couldnt believe at the time what i was seeing. Clattenburg was so fame hungry he probably thought im in here with steven gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.