Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is the fact we succumbed so horrendously to basic positional organisation and pressing, and then do absolutely none of our own. It's the most fundamental way to lose a football match and we had no answer.

I thought we'd seen the last of this type of performance when Silva left.
No fight, no desire, zero ideas, clueless, gutless, toothless (I could go on but I won't)

It's bad enough losing to the sh*te, but the manner of the defeat is unacceptable.

....the Coleman/Sidebe axis is good and well when you’re pressing the game, but at a ground like Anfield you need players who are brave in possession. We continually went backwards. We passed the ball around our own penalty area, we invariably lost the ball around our box.

We were outnumbered in midfield, we were chasing shadows. We had two up front when they had possession. Get numbers in there, throw a few tackles; it’s a cup game, it’s a Derby match.
Spot on. The passing around the back was proven to be a bad idea with these limited players against city last week where we just invited pressure.

Passing out from the back is only a good idea when you have players capable of doing it. Even those that have the quality like Digne are playing with such little confidence that they can’t trust their first touch.

And those shadows they were chasing in midfield were from a spanish lad that nobody has ever heard of, a washed up Lallana we managed to make look like Kante and Curtis Jones.

Utter humiliation.

There's 4 or 5 players that played today that should have their contracts ripped up.

We all know the names. People say stuff like they shouldn't ever play for the club again but this time that's actually true.

If the "travelling" fans don't get reimbursed by from the players own pockets for that we should all be done with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.