Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has won 5 and drawn 3 of his 8 derbys. Christ his only here a wet few years and already his derby record s looking unrecoverable. No surprise really. As much as fellow tofffees played his move to Liverpool down I took in a massive gulp with dred I knew theyd have they’re best manager in the prem era and things were already bad enough.

It’s an absolute disgrace that 30 year old Evertonians have never seen us win at Anfield. I was 9 the last time we did, and I sure as hell don’t remember it. This is the first one I’m going to have missed since 2003, when my football memories start. I’m missing it out of choice. A small part of me keeps saying imagine if you missed the first proper win in your lifetime, even though logically it’ll be another 4-0.

Agree completely. I have a vague memory of that '99 game but we didn't have Sky back then and derbies were so much more even that it wasn't so unusual as to be a standout moment at the time. Ostensibly the reason I'm not going tonight is the cost of the trains and hotel (up from London) and the fact that I have to go to Peterborough for work early in the morning, but really I just couldn't face the misery. Like you though, there's this (idiotic) part of me thinking "but what if.....and I wasn't there...."

Agree completely. I have a vague memory of that '99 game but we didn't have Sky back then and derbies were so much more even that it wasn't so unusual as to be a standout moment at the time. Ostensibly the reason I'm not going tonight is the cost of the trains and hotel (up from London) and the fact that I have to go to Peterborough for work early in the morning, but really I just couldn't face the misery. Like you though, there's this (idiotic) part of me thinking "but what if.....and I wasn't there...."

Fairly sure what we’ve both described is just an abusive relationship in football form.

If I was silva I seriously would play to win, as imo it’s last chance saloon for him. Play Kean and Niasse (just for the Nuisance factor) even bung Banigame in there at least he would do more than just stroll around like Sigs or Snides. The line ups he has been playing have been hopeless, so why not jazz it up a bit in a game we have 99% chance of not winning and that will be 100% if he goes with his usual methods.

I put a cheeky tenner on Everton, Spurs & Norwich all to win tonight at 104/1.

I've set an auto cash out at £300 as there's an outside chance all 3 might be leading at some point but no chance they'll all win at full-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.