Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice if Pickford could avoid putting us under pressure early on by doing stupid kicks out of play and when he does kick it up the pitch avoid kicking towards Van Dijk

We should just scrap playing out from the back tonight too. We did against Leicester and it felt more comfortable to watch. Jordan’s distribution sometimes is decent but Christ, sometimes it’s a line drive into the back of Keane’s head.

Be nice if Pickford could avoid putting us under pressure early on by doing stupid kicks out of play and when he does kick it up the pitch avoid kicking towards Van Dijk

I remember it being said this time that it was a deliberate tactic to aim the kicks very close to the touchline so they were less likely to break on us quickly.

We should just scrap playing out from the back tonight too. We did against Leicester and it felt more comfortable to watch. Jordan’s distribution sometimes is decent but Christ, sometimes it’s a line drive into the back of Keane’s head.

They will be begging us to play out from the back tonight. Not a great tactic when all your players somehow forget how to control a ball.

It would be just like us to win as it is on prime, no sky or Bt so the footage will never be seen or discussed ever again

Hope we sit in deep, they struggle against that, then we play Iwobi, Walcott, Richarlison and Kean, so we can break on them with loads of pace.

I really don’t think they are as good as what sky make them out to be.
They always up their game against us or find some way to win.
If only the players had some battle in them, we might come away with something.

It’s an absolute disgrace that 30 year old Evertonians have never seen us win at Anfield. I was 9 the last time we did, and I sure as hell don’t remember it. This is the first one I’m going to have missed since 2003, when my football memories start. I’m missing it out of choice. A small part of me keeps saying imagine if you missed the first proper win in your lifetime, even though logically it’ll be another 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.