• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think about Howards positioning for the goal. Everyone seems to hold him responsible but I'm not so sure. gerrard was a bit clever in his run up if howard had taken 2 paces further over he would have been behind his own wall and gerrard would have opened his body up and put it in the opposite corner. decent free kick won by a f*cking cheat in my eyes.

10007482_10152368528445823_172765163547845357_n.jpg

Upset me RS mates on facebook with a reminder of Law 17.
Huh?

What do people think about Howards positioning for the goal. Everyone seems to hold him responsible but I'm not so sure. gerrard was a bit clever in his run up if howard had taken 2 paces further over he would have been behind his own wall and gerrard would have opened his body up and put it in the opposite corner. decent free kick won by a f*cking cheat in my eyes.

Michael Owen in post-match analysis on BT Sport twice claimed (through his 'tears of joy' at the final result) that Howard looks partly at fault only because he actually got a hand to it on the line, when he was actually far more committed to covering more of the other stick - implying other goalies wouldn't have even gotten a hand to it.

Reading the papers today, in stitches at reading them and their nonce of a manager whinging about the ref and claiming they were robbed. Er, remember when the same bloke practically gifted you lot the win back in 2011 when he sent off Rodwell for a brilliant challenge? What about 60 seconds before Barry's handball when Lukaku was tripped over in the box?

So pleased we silenced them for once, horrible pr*cks. Get that up you.

I saw a big improvement from us yesterday - especially the defence. They never got through us too much possibly due to Stones being in the middle who seems key to us, he looks so composed for his age. Hibbo, in comparison to Tuesday was 100x better and dealt with Sterling well but at times was exposed which was inevitable. I almost forgot to mention Phil Jagielka?! Wtf. From being under scrutiny everything is now forgotten. Being in the ground to witness the aftermath of that goal was special. Limbs.

I liked the look of Besic yesterday when he grew into the game. Looked assured and level-headed and the occasion of the Derby didn't seem to get to him. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Barry continued to disappoint me, he looked slow and Gerrard bossed him. Jimmy Mac as always worked hard and looking like a future captain.

Mirallas going off completely disheartened me as he gives us something else so it was a big blow for us, McGeady was a decent-ish replacement though but continues to be inconsistent. Lukaku on the other side didn't look great if I'm honest summed up by him getting shrugged off the ball by Sterling but I'm not going to have a go at him because he should've been playing centrally which is his best position. Naisy was given a role I'm the team which he done well but he didn't really have a chance in the game to make an impact.

Forgot to mention Howard - needs to sort it out. Cost us some important points this season.

.....the reds spent big on Lovren and Lallana. Time will tell if its money well spent but early indications aren't overwhelming and Soton are not struggling.
saints seem to have prospered without some of the players and Pinnochitino but time will tell

only play of any quality in that match from jagielka, can't believe how much millions was on show today to serve up that tosh.

howard needs to be dropped though, get his head together because he's been appaling this seaosn and that was a woeful woeful goal to concede again, liverpool barely offered a threat, i told you only a set play would be their way of scoring.

he set the wall up terrible and his positioning was wrong and then a weak hand. he's barely made a save all season, don't care about the robles doubters, i refuse to believe he could have been any worse this season. howard needs a massive kick up the arse.

The world cup hype got to him I think. He had a good game that he conceded in and he was hailed as a national hero.

Hello all, I have only ever posted once, I just love reading everyone else's comments.

I really enjoyed the thread on how you feel in Derby week using GIF's, had me in stitches.
Anyway, I was wondering if someone could start a thread saying how the felt when jagielka equalised using GIF's, would do it myself but haven't a clue what to do.

Would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.