Liverpool Echo's association with Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, just got back home and I'm glad we all share the same view.

Went on twitter and saw that David Prentice again posting a condescending tweet that ruffled my feathers.

What made me smirk though was all the replies.

Most of the Everton fan sites and a large majority of Everton fans have replied voicing their opinions about the way the club is perceived in the Echo.

Him and Greg can do their best but we genuinely are one of the best supported clubs in the land - the last few decades of mediocrity have been fought with a recent growth in optimism.

Don't buy the echo or click their links!

For me it's more about Kelvin McKenzie than Murdoch.

It's also symbolic. An "up yours" to return the one we received as an area at the time.

He should certainly be banned from the entire city, but as for symbolism I think it is a lot more effective when you have an entire area organize itself to boycotting the paper and hold that boycott for decades, rather than two huge businesses who are in receipt of vast sums from Murdoch anyway decide to not give a free ticket to a journalist so they can report on a game nearly thirty years after the behaviour being condemned.

I would never buy The Sun nor recommend it to anyone else (quite apart from the separate issue that it is crap) but.. any man and his dog should be able to see - by the sheer co-ordination and the posters and journos and reports (not forgetting the use of the term S*n) this is the Mirror owned Echo taking an opportunity to stick the knife in. It's infantile and they should be told at every possible juncture.

Don't care if the club ban it, I don't like this total eclipse thing though. I don't want my right NOT to by the rag taking away from me. And people not buying it speaks louder than people not being allowed to buy it.

On these taxi driver, since when did Hackney drivers have any morals? They don't have any on Saturday nights when girls struggle to get a taxi home from town at 3am because the whoppers are cherry picking looking for 3/4 x the proper fare.

Funniest thing for me with those slugs in the last 6 months is the discernible way they've actually tried to do their coverage of Everton in a 'i'm proper down with the lads on the forums' type way. The OTT taking the piss language they used about the likes of Niasse and McGeady and at the other end of the spectrum going overboard about 'one of us' and the stadium fan boy coverage they have to the likes of Dan Meis and his tweets.

...and at the end of all that they're still reviled as the Kopite rag they are and their reporters are despised.

Lol to infinity @Kirkbride @O'Keeffe@Prentice@Rimmer

I’m a southern blue and down here local rags are usually a very reliable source of information and they are almost always supportive to their teams. I try and catch major stories in the Echo via twitter and will listen to their podcasts occasionally when commuting and the thing that always gets me is that they just play down everything we do. They almost enjoy knocking us when we lose and if we win they take the shine off it and say it’s because we were lucky or because the team we were playing didn’t take their chances. I listened to the podcast back in Feb when the Rom deal was 99.99999999999999999999999999999% done and they were moaning about that saying why were we offering him a new deal when he’ll leave in the summer anyway. You can’t win.

How can we expect to turn heads and make the national sports media take us seriously when the local papers don’t.

It truly amazes me that Evertonians still part with their hard earned money and give it to this Kopite rag. I've not read the Echo in over a decade now and i wouldn't read it if i was given a free copy. They've never once attempted to mask their contempt of us or their devotion to the cult over the park, its all very blatant. All blues should boycott this glorified toilet paper.

Funniest thing for me with those slugs in the last 6 months is the discernible way they've actually tried to do their coverage of Everton in a 'i'm proper down with the lads on the forums' type way. The OTT taking the piss language they used about the likes of Niasse and McGeady and at the other end of the spectrum going overboard about 'one of us' and the stadium fan boy coverage they have to the likes of Dan Meis and his tweets.

...and at the end of all that they're still reviled as the Kopite rag they are and their reporters are despised.

Lol to infinity @Kirkbride @O'Keeffe@Prentice@Rimmer

You can add Ian Doyle to that list as well.The man has never written an insightful sentence in his life.I get an awful wiff of patronising and condescending kopite off that fella in particular.

The article about the protest had 1 comment on it.

Let me get this right........over the last 28 years we've had "Ban the Sun" brigades protesting outside supermarkets and newsagents, for them to stop selling The Sun newspaper. Not once during the 28 years did we see or hear of any campaigns against LFC allowing The Sun's reporters into their ground. And yet now, 28 years on, and they've chosen at last to taken that cause of action, a couple of weeks later, here rolls up the protestors to Goodison. Pathetic. Get a life. And grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.