Liverpool Echo Throws Dummy Out Of Pram

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it about 12 times mate. And he underlined as many times that Kenwright and the manager had both squared the answers to the pre-set questions.

There is no ambiguity here: what was read out was from the club 100%. There's no way Collymore (and certainly not Danny Kelly) would have uttered a word otherwise.

The club via the Echo handrags are furiously backpeddling on that £125M figure now. It's that figure out there that is their big problem. They screwed up and now they're trying to shoot THEIR messenger.

Hilarious.

Spot on mate , collymore said they were vague and he pressed them and they came up with the figure . The figure gets out there and generates a reaction, the club having (yet again) misjudged the mood react via the echo. If it want sad it'd be laughable and it's certainly predictable

He said it about 12 times mate. And he underlined as many times that Kenwright and the manager had both squared the answers to the pre-set questions.

There is no ambiguity here: what was read out was from the club 100%. There's no way Collymore (and certainly not Danny Kelly) would have uttered a word otherwise.

The club via the Echo handrags are furiously backpeddling on that £125M figure now. It's that figure out there that is their big problem. They screwed up and now they're trying to shoot THEIR messenger.

Hilarious.

That's the bottom line.

The echo can post links to this story or that. But not one will say "Everton agreed to let person X answer questions and here are the facts"

Just look at the Barry Horne article.. It's all off the back of the Keith Harris one on Sky Sports... To which was rebuffed by Elstone and Kenwright...

Investigative journalism at its finest. A story from a Sky Sports interview.

So the echo are basically having a go at fans aswell . Seems to be the easy thing to do these days. Confirms the obvious to me that The Echo , The Board , and all the other clubs cronies are all in bed together (n)

That's the bottom line.

The echo can post links to this story or that. But not one will say "Everton agreed to let person X answer questions and here are the facts"

Just look at the Barry Horne article.. It's all off the back of the Keith Harris one on Sky Sports... To which was rebuffed by Elstone and Kenwright...

Investigative journalism at its finest. A story from a Sky Sports interview.

The funniest part of that Echo 'rest assured' piece of crap was when they say they've been all over EFC's hierarchy since Collymore's show and that they cant find who the unattributed source was that mentioned the £125M figure. My thought was 'while you were doing that maybe you could have asked what the figure is yourselves seeing as the issue was a hot topic'.

Didn't occur to them because they know their place - Bill's fluffers.

Fanciful....you should be reading the echo mate.
I wasn't defending the echo or arguing the toss, I'm just advising you reign in the glee because although I'd love it, I'm not sure this is going to ring wholesale changes even though it probably should.

Hilarious.

Everton FC - the echo says - Laughable, that John Thompson won,t put his name to the article and yet try to take down stan for his top source.

I,ve got visions of John Thompson coming of the phone red faced and calling in gregg and preno - look lads we need a response we are all going to get it now so we,ll write an article together an say the echo says. If we don,t lads then that,s the end of free nosh ups at the lounge and standding outside of the FF gates for quotes. Gregg get on the phone to downie and get him to get onside.

The club owner's coping mechanism when stuff like this kicks off:

• send for the Echo
  • work a few pints the way of a few ex-players
  • hint there's a buyer on the horizon
  • attack the Blue Union / KEIOC / some Japanese dentist
  • threaten legal action
  • underline work done in Everton in the Community
  • pray for matchday to come around so it's off the radar

To quote Metallica "Sad but true"

The funniest part of that Echo 'rest assured' piece of crap was when they say they've been all over EFC's hierarchy since Collymore's show and that they cant find who the unattributed source was that mentioned the £125M figure. My thought was 'while you were doing that maybe you could have asked what the figure is yourselves seeing as the issue was a hot topic'.

Didn't occur to them because they know their place - Bill's fluffers.

The articles linked to bulk their "we did all this year's ago" are on the back of other news sources stories or from pre match interviews with Moyes. Not one is them sitting and questioning someone from the club with concrete answers apart from the investment one... That even the Beano did a article on.

Glee has got F*** all to do with it. Don,t you know when you,ve been had.
Mate, I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. I'm really not trying to get at you, I'm just saying that if you expect a monumental shift, you will be dissapointed.

The fact that the club sent a 'source' to answer what were very straightforward, reasonable questions hints at the level of paranoia that pervades GP. Not one of those questions would be considered sinister to somebody with nothing to hide.

Everton FC - the echo says - Laughable, that John Thompson won,t put his name to the article and yet try to take down stan for his top source.

I,ve got visions of John Thompson coming of the phone red faced and calling in gregg and preno - look lads we need a response we are all going to get it now so we,ll write an article together an say the echo says. If we don,t lads then that,s the end of free nosh ups at the lounge and standding outside of the FF gates for quotes. Gregg get on the phone to downie and get him to get onside.

I remember him when LFC was up for sale and the DIC group had all but secured the club - Thompson was giving it loads about those Arab buyers being the only ones fit for the task. Moores holds out for another 5k per share > Arabs spew it > H&G turn up = Thompson is giving it the big licks over dem yanks being the only real credible owners with their 'sports franchise' stable of organisations.

The man's a friggin case.

Status
Not open for further replies.