Liverpool Echo Throws Dummy Out Of Pram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and talksport is national coverage. The Oldham echo is small time.

So why they aren't reinforcing the fact rather than try to discredit someone from national radio I don't know

So this is essentially people saying they're a bit rubbish on twitter, resulting in them printing an article to show that they're not? Interesting stuff.

The prominence given to the discussion over the sale price in that article is all you need to know about how the Echo works, after all that is in no shape or form the main thing wrong with the club.

Also anyone who says "well, if you think I am soft then ask the people who I am meant to be investigating!" is invariably confirming that they are, in fact, a soft touch.

I think that was what Stan was alluding to in his tweets earlier, basically trying to coax them in to saying he was lying.

Agreed. Which the Echo sdestepped and (just by chance, of course) a Radio City presenter scuttles forward to answer the charge.

All things considered, its not been a good week to be a board member. You do wonder if there is much chance of them bouncing back. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself though.

Didn't Collymore say at the start of the program that they're speaking to someone who Everton agreed to let answer questions, that the club allowed it?

From the off, that's better than the conjecture and hearsay the echo write up. Their articles are taken with a pinch of salt.

All things considered, its not been a good week to be a board member. You do wonder if there is much chance of them bouncing back. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself though.

The sale of Fellaini and the new manager having 45% of that money available to spend should see them through a few more months.

Agreed. Which the Echo sdestepped and (just by chance, of course) a Radio City presenter scuttles forward to answer the charge.

Far too many snounts outside of everton football club eating out of the same trough.

I can tell you now that Stan Collymore has fractured the entire reality base with blue noses and their percpetion of the Club, Radio City and the Echo.

Let the heavens fall.

Didn't Collymore say at the start of the program that they're speaking to someone who Everton agreed to let answer questions, that the club allowed it?

From the off, that's better than the conjecture and hearsay the echo write up. Their articles are taken with a pinch of salt.

He said it about 12 times mate. And he underlined as many times that Kenwright and the manager had both squared the answers to the pre-set questions.

There is no ambiguity here: what was read out was from the club 100%. There's no way Collymore (and certainly not Danny Kelly) would have uttered a word otherwise.

The club via the Echo handrags are furiously backpeddling on that £125M figure now. It's that figure out there that is their big problem. They screwed up and now they're trying to shoot THEIR messenger.

Hilarious.

Yes he did, it'll be interesting if he brings this up on his show later on.

It's obvious that whoever he spoke to has been hauled over the coals for stating a figure in answer to the asking price & the Echo are now trying to discredit the source.....which would suit both the club & them...

He said it about 12 times mate. And he underlined as many times that Kenwright and the manager had both squared the answers to the pre-set questions.

There is no ambiguity here: what was read out was from the club 100%. There's no way Collymore (and certainly not Danny Kelly) would have uttered a word otherwise.

The club via the Echo handrags are furiously backpeddling on that £125M figure now. It's that figure out there that is their big problem. They screwed up and now they're trying to shoot THEIR messenger.

Hilarious.

Nailed it mate.

Tell you what, that paper doe NOTHING to help the 'Scouse' perception to the rest of the country.

What a joke of a read, Is that realy supposed to to THE Newspaper of the City !?!

Far too many snounts outside of everton football club eating out of the same trough.

I can tell you now that Stan Collymore has fractured the entire reality base with blue noses and their percpetion of the Club, Radio City and the Echo.

Let the heavens fall.
You seem to be erring on the side of fanciful here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.