Liverpool 2-2 Everton. Sunday 16th January 2010 @ 14.05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
A game that few of us enjoy but we anticipate a great deal. More so as we seem to be doing some of the goal scoring stuff in the past two games which can prove a distinct help in association football.

The result and performance against a struggling lower league side isn't a fair indicator as to how the derby may go but Liverpool's form as of late certainly won't instil the degree of trepidation as it has in the past. Saying that, it's been eleven years since we beat them there and a win is long over due.

The prudent amongst us will tick a box on poor pun bingo by pointing out that form goes out of the window in fiercely contested Merseyside derby. Despite thei abstract shiteness they have seen this season (and we're in no position to gloat on this front) the rebirth of "King Kenny" will spice things up and make it a bit more partisan, this certainly should not be the walkover that we'd all like.

I write this before they travel to Old Trafford and play their rearranged mid week fixture against Blackpool so after them we'll all have a little more idea of what sort of momentum they will take into the game, if any. Hopefully.

One thing is for sure, the media will be spaffing all over them this week as many of them seem to yearn for. Seemingly Libberpewlfutbalkub are the only ever footballing side to ever go through a [Poor language removed] period. They have now got their wish for a change of ownership and management so we'll see what the future brings. In contrast to the various token bells bleating all over the media and internet world, all my close red mates are just happy with the change and you can't blame them. It feels weird watching them be so poor this season, its them but it's not really them. Still, its none the less enjoyable.

The obvious players will provide the threat, step forward Gerrard and Torres. Regardless of your tint on things, two world class players on their day who are capable match winners. Kuyt is sometimes undervalued on the side of midfield and is not short of a goal against us, Cole has disappointed but has the talent and that Mierles is effective when played in the middle.

Pretty much all of us would be disappointed with anything less than the 4-4-2 formation which has worked well in the past two games, it's nice to see Everton actually looking like they have a goal or two in them when they attack. No doubt we'll miss our talisman in the fixture with Cahill away but if Liverpool have a real weakness it's their defence both centrally and on the wings. The two up front may play a part here but I reckon more so down the wings. Pienaar and an inform Baines need to peg back Johnson who rampages up and down their right like a [Poor language removed] Predator. The micro headed Konchesky is not flavour of the month partly due to his [Poor language removed] mar and being a poor signing. Coleman needs to be right up for this from the off. Jagielka returns so it gives Moyes a dilemma on whether to stick with a winning team as he usually does or to reinstate him ahead of Heitinga. Decisions eh?

Too often we've talked up this game and then watched as Everton have played the occasion and not the game. This is more pertinent as they're not miles better than us so for a change it would be nice to see a really talented Everton team go out there and get after them as they're there to be got at.

Here's hoping.

Last edited:
Will be a very difficult game.

We've struggled against all the teams in the bottom half of the table this season.

1 - 2

Kenny 'homo' Dalglish to resign after the match and drive to Dundee in his bare feet.

Match preview will follow later on, but wanted to set the excitement/nervousness going.

A huge game this.

My local .

No [Poor language removed] .

LESS than 500 yards from ours .

I HATE IT . I GO THOUGH , IN CASE WE DO THEM !!!

How FUKN INSANE IS THAT ???

I have to GO DOWNSTAIRS AND PUT ME FINGERS IN ME EARS AN' GO , LA , LA , LA , LA , AT THE TOP OF ME VOICE , I PROMISE THIS IS VERO , WHILST THEY DO THAT FUKN DITTY .

PLUS, NOW , THE HOMOSEXUAL IS BACK .... AGGGGGGHHHHH !!!!

God I wish I was goin there now, the things that they will do though to make sure they flog those tickets.

I predict newspaper stories about our vile following, filling the air with hateful chants on the day of the prodigal son's return.

Give him both barrels I say, then reload and give it to big nose, he could open a tin of feckin evap with that thing.

who's the ref ?

Mark-Clattenburg.jpg

God I wish I was goin there now, the things that they will do though to make sure they flog those tickets.

I predict newspaper stories about our vile following, filling the air with hateful chants on the day of the prodigal son's return.

Give him both barrels I say, then reload and give it to big nose, he could open a tin of feckin evap with that thing.

Lid ;...

For 2 HOURS , today ..
" Kenny Dalglish IS A HOMOSEXUAL ... !!! "

2 hours, Dawg .

I KID YOU NOT , My Brother ,.

I AM THE ORACLE , incidentally ....

Status
Not open for further replies.