Little cack corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardobee

Player Valuation: £35m
Why have we become so tragically inept at scoring from corners?

Seeing as we have the prem's all time leading scorer with headers in our team you can only assume it's down to the delivery I suppose...

so who should be taking the corners then?

Not just corners, our delivery and crossing this season has been appalling. Only Baines has put in anything decent in the box (Goals against United and Cahill vs Brum)

You can tell we lack confidence in this area, because we try to walk the ball in. I'd love to see us get it wide and get crosses in consistently, really put teams under pressure, but we aren't doing that at the minute

1/10 corners we take is a good delivery this season. 2/10 at most so players aren't used to getting good deliveries Then you know that Distin and Jags aren't gona score headers. it's just Cahill or Saha(when he plays) to aim at and that's just 2 players who possess a threat from set piece and it's very obvious. Teams can defend against that easily but Cahill still pops up with an odd goal and that shows how awesome he is.

Before, we had Lescott,Yobo like I mentioned earlier who were more of an aerial threat with Cahill in there as well.

1/10 corners we take is a good delivery this season. 2/10 at most so players aren't used to getting good deliveries Then you know that Distin and Jags aren't gona score headers. it's just Cahill or Saha(when he plays) to aim at and that's just 2 players who possess a threat from set piece and it's very obvious. Teams can defend against that easily but Cahill still pops up with an odd goal and that shows how awesome he is.

Before, we had Lescott,Yobo like I mentioned earlier who were more of an aerial threat with Cahill in there as well.

Anyone remember Bily's first game for us? Think we scored from 2 corners that day, he was deadly.

I appreciate that mate, I was getting the feeling that I'm the only one here who believes in him. People have been against him of late but he'll come good and I know it

His problem is mate he's not a winger. I'd love to see Moyes give him the freedom to move about the pitch like what Pienaar gets. Pienaar moved into the middle loads on sunday and tried to effect the game. I think if Billy was given that freedom and released from the shackles we'd see a different player

His problem is mate he's not a winger. I'd love to see Moyes give him the freedom to move about the pitch like what Pienaar gets. Pienaar moved into the middle loads on sunday and tried to effect the game. I think if Billy was given that freedom and released from the shackles we'd see a different player

Yes and a tap on the back and a strong word of confidence from Moyesy would see him back on his peak form. He can be a downing type player...not pacy but can provide good crosses,powerful shots and good passing

Billy or Osman (when playing) should always be given a few chances, if not then just Baines, Mikel "first man?lolwhut?" Arteta should lurk at the edge of the box.

Kudos on Hinchcliffe, dream delivery every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.