Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from City no one has beaten Liverpool by getting at them. First things first we need to defend properly then take our chances whenever they present themselves. The idea we can turn up and go to toe to toe with them is a sure way to have us on the end of another Anfield defeat.

And I'm not advocating us just going all out attack because clearly we'll get mullered. But we need to show far more than we have recently.

Defending properly is a given for us to get anything.

Need to announce early doors that Pickford won't be playing.

Don't need the added sideshow or the days of 'Revenge' articles from the media. I can see one of our players being badly hurt yet us having player's sent off while they escape censure - nothing new there though.

It's quite disgraceful how long since we beat these, we play in the same league. It would be nice to rectify that and build some enthusiasm and momentum for the remainder of the season.

Savage mauling coming. They will be right up for this with an extra dose of steroids. They want payback and I don’t trust our delicate little petals to front up and take them on.
Fully expect them to come out for their warm up in “This is for you Virgil” tee shirts! Followed by Robertson or Henderson attempting to snap James in half in the first couple of minutes!

What I'd like to see:

Olsen
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Davies
Iwobi Allan Doucoure Richarlison
DCL

What we will see:

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey
Rodriguez Davies Doucoure Digne
Sigurdsson
Richarlison

Nobody wants to see a player get injured but my god imagine the fallout if we manage to curtail Salah or Mane’s season.

Anyway I reckon the ref will be keen to brandish cards for any foul from us no matter how soft after Klopp and his mates have spent the last few months crying about virgils injury from a 50/50 challenge at any given opportunity for the past 4 months.

Nobody wants to see a player get injured but my god imagine the fallout if we manage to curtail Salah or Mane’s season.

Anyway I reckon the ref will be keen to brandish cards for any foul from us no matter how soft after Klopp and his mates have spent the last few months crying about virgils injury from a 50/50 challenge at any given opportunity for the past 4 months.
You know full well one of theirs will target Richy, James or Pickford as an even stevens for the October game and it won’t as much as get looked at

Status
Not open for further replies.