Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I’m talking about Garbutt. I get the impression the game doesn’t matter too much to him, but I could be wrong. I like Gibson‘s attitude lots, he’s a real winner on the pitch.

Really want to see Gibson given a chance at some point this season. We will be bless with a formidable backline if he progress as much as holgate.

Really want to see Gibson given a chance at some point this season. We will be bless with a formidable backline if he progress as much as holgate.

...I‘d be very surprised if he doesn’t go on loan in the next few days. He’ll learn lots playing alongside and against seasoned professionals in open-age football. He won’t be found wanting for attitude and we’ll find out whether he has what it takes to be very good.

...I‘d be very surprised if he doesn’t go on loan in the next few days. He’ll learn lots playing alongside and against seasoned professionals in open-age football. He won’t be found wanting for attitude and we’ll find out whether he has what it takes to be very good.
If Sunderland need a good defender that would be ideal for Lewis, decent league and back home for a few months, Sunderland fans might not like the idea of an ex Newcastle player but once they see him play they’d be more than happy.

...like Hinchcliffe, he hits a ‘heavy ball’ so he was in demand after those games for us and England U21s. I was flabbergasted he signed a new deal for us, it made no sense from his perspective. I don’t blame the club for protecting their investment, I imagine they hoped to cash-in but Garbutt went backwards.

i have real doubts about his attitude and I note his form has picked-up this season when he needs a new deal.
“ Garbutt went backwards”.That describes him perfectly, plenty of half hearted performances when he came back from loan deals that never achieved much. Maybe he has perked up and realises his career could be over if he doesn’t start grafting for one. He had reached a good level but never carried on working and improving his performances, I hope he hasn’t left it too late.

What does that even mean?
Well despite still doing alright going forward this season, Digne has shown an alarming tendency to let his man get past him when at our end. Conceivably, this was happening last season and I didn't notice, but this season whenever Digne's winger is moving toward him, I find myself wincing and glancing round for potential cover if/when he gets beaten. Might just be me, but that's what I think.

...you did, Fred. I have to say I’m a bit surprised, fascinating what happens if he goes on loan.
I knew we wouldn't "not offer" him a new contract, if you know what I mean. I wasn't a 100% convinced he'd sign it, but I knew we'd protect ourselves as any compensation fee we received would reflect what we had already paid out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.