2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Quite an instinctive strike, didn't think about it just got his knee over the ball.

I suspect he has been working on the defensive side of his game for dyche to trust him, he did win the ball/a couple of free kicks when he came on which I thought was good to see
he was booted to get the free kick that resulted in the corner then the goal. He's a busy little player, needs to learn the graft game from DM and JH.

The celebration was what did it for me, everyone looked super made up

IMG_7305.jpeg

Absolutely rubbish, probably that's Dyche done with him now and with justification.

He tried to do a backheel and fell over, if anything summed up the first half then it's that. Lad this was a big audition for you, what are you doing? Who do you think you are and what sort of game do you think you're playing in?

Wrong side or not that performance was just completely unacceptable. If he gets another chance he's very lucky.

He's 19 mate and hasn't looked that bad I feel like everyone is looking for a scape goat he's not it Sean dyche is the where the problem starts and ends

100% mate we all want to see a young lad do well but on the other hand we need to be realistic and honest instead of trying to be edgy and be that guy that said I told you so. Wouldn’t even make the Luton side that’s how poor we are

Waiting round to see if these players are good enough will have us relegated. Be nice to be in a position to allow players to grow but as it is they need to be good enough now as we’re using them as first team players. I thought Semedo dealt with him easily Saturday Can’t remember him getting past him tried but wasn’t strong enough.

Thankfully Sean Dyche knows more about football, developing young footballers and the non-linear path of progress than a lot of super bloos can ever hope to know combined.

He scored 1 goal.

Made up for him and hope it can kick-start him definitely but let's not pretend he's impressed in his chances before yesterday.
I get what you are saying but when you see him in the u21 games now he looks a yard ahead of most of the others. He is caught between them and the first team at the moment and probably needs a few more minutes to see if he is up to it and can contribute anything.

He scored 1 goal.

Made up for him and hope it can kick-start him definitely but let's not pretend he's impressed in his chances before yesterday.
He has been a lot more impressive in his football development than you have been in your player assessment.

A failure to be the outstanding player early in his career doesn't mean he's a poor player or will never be anything other than League 1. The attitude shown by you, and others, is something that would be the death knell of player development if it carried into the mindsets of people who actually do it for a living.