Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a loan to a championship club, hopefully perform well and bring us in a reasonable transfer fee next summer.

He’s bright and direct. Not a great finisher but can still give a defence a something to think about. He’ll probably get loaned but then we’d be very light in attacking numbers.
I'm not sure he has the potential and the technical ability to become a regular PL starter in the near future, but in a way that would make me more inclined to keep him for the squad this season rather than loan him out. If he'd had a really successful loan at Derby the next step would be a championship club to keep that development trajectory going but I'm not sure he gets starts at a decent championship club and a second league one loan isn't a forward step.

So if he's sort of between two stools I'd maybe just hold onto him for a bench option- if Gray goes we are lacking in real pace and Dobbin is a guy who could cause problems late in games off the bench, and with the 5 sub rule that's a good option to have. And you never know if playing and training at a higher level things might click technically.

Nowhere near ready for the prem. assuming we bring in attackers then a championship loan at a trusted club would be good. He didn’t look out of place against a championship side today so perhaps he could make that

Quite frustrating to watch really. He clearly has a lot of ability, and does a lot of good things. but it seems that the one big weakness in his game is shooting and finishing. Not ideal in a team who can't score goals.

No one knows. Gordon was shipped out and didn't impress but ended up selling him for a large sum.

I think he's got more of an end product but would prepare he goes out on loan for another year.

He is the one guy that seems to know how to make decent runs. Just having somebody to stretch the field would make a huge difference. I’m not going to advocate keeping him or sending him out on loan (because I don’t know what our transfer strategy is or our strategy in general), but in a situation like ours where we have no talent, these are the guys you need to integrate into the rotation and prop them up to sell or give them real league experience. We can’t keep being cowards with our lineups.

He is the one guy that seems to know how to make decent runs. Just having somebody to stretch the field would make a huge difference. I’m not going to advocate keeping him or sending him out on loan (because I don’t know what our transfer strategy is or our strategy in general), but in a situation like ours where we have no talent, these are the guys you need to integrate into the rotation and prop them up to sell or give them real league experience. We can’t keep being cowards with our lineups.
I would keep him and play him from the bench regularly...

He knows how to make those runs, he's quick, he scores one, and some confidence seeps in he could be a viable option, especially off the bench.

Unfortunately, it's a chance we have to take, not because of his exceptional skill level, but because of the dearth of the squad's skill level in the striking department.

Status
Not open for further replies.