Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadubsee

Player Valuation: £5m
Couldn't see a Dobbin thread that was open for replies.

What are people's thoughts on this lad? Will he make it here? Or will he be yet another young attacker to be loaned out/sold before the end of the window?

He's looked decent from what little I've seen of him in pre-season. Always seemed to have a bit of ability, with pace and quick feet. Is he good enough for the Premier League? (Are we?!)

No chance whatsoever he's good enough for the premier league.

He scored 3 goals in league one for the 7th best team.

Simms and Cannon have vastly superior scoring records at higher levels and neither deemed good enough to play for 17th placed team in premier league so can't see why Dobbin.

However he is only 20 so who knows in a year-18 months? I assume another league 1 or perhaps bottom end championship loan might occur in next few weeks so interested how he gets on with a year at Derby under his belt.

Honestly, he didn't do too well today or the last game. But I think if he is given time (maybe a loan to the Championship) he will come good.

We've seen good performances from him, so I don't think we should rule him out just because of the last couple of dodgy appearances.

I think he will come good

Couldn't see a Dobbin thread that was open for replies.

What are people's thoughts on this lad? Will he make it here? Or will he be yet another young attacker to be loaned out/sold before the end of the window?

He's looked decent from what little I've seen of him in pre-season. Always seemed to have a bit of ability, with pace and quick feet. Is he good enough for the Premier League? (Are we?!)
Me personally he needs another loan playing week in and week out. He didn’t nail down a place in league 1 derby team. He did show flashes of what he can do.

It’s a massive a jump up in quality, and if we being realistic he won’t get many appearances if he stayed. Tom cannon is surely ahead of him development wise and even he looks to be going out on loan.So for his development he needs loan too.

He seems intelligent which is what we need on the pitch to be honest. Not all players break out production wise from the off- the lad is still young. He should be considered until he proves otherwise.

Honestly, he didn't do too well today or the last game. But I think if he is given time (maybe a loan to the Championship) he will come good.

We've seen good performances from him, so I don't think we should rule him out just because of the last couple of dodgy appearances.

I think he will come good
Fully agree. He has good pace and he makes smart runs. He just needs to tune is overall game and that only comes playing every week.

He is too lightweight for the prem you have to compensate for that with real ability and he does not have that
would like to see him prove that wrong but i won't hold my breath

No chance whatsoever he's good enough for the premier league.

He scored 3 goals in league one for the 7th best team.

Simms and Cannon have vastly superior scoring records at higher levels and neither deemed good enough to play for 17th placed team in premier league so can't see why Dobbin.

However he is only 20 so who knows in a year-18 months? I assume another league 1 or perhaps bottom end championship loan might occur in next few weeks so interested how he gets on with a year at Derby under his belt.

Obviously his goal return is poor but is it a fair comparison? Those two are out and out strikers, while Dobbin looks like more of a support striker or winger. He's never going to lead the line.

Fully agree. He has good pace and he makes smart runs. He just needs to tune is overall game and that only comes playing every week.
I don't get the comments that rule him out. He's still only 20 ffs ! He needs a regular challenge , like a loan to the championship.

You could argue a loan to league 1 where he (imo) would flourish, then a year later to the championship.

Again this is just my opinion. I think he has the potential, but right now, I think a loan to the championship would suit him and us. But yes, definitely has the potential

Status
Not open for further replies.