Let's Not Get Too Carried Away Lads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena

Player Valuation: £70m
Listen, we've started boss, i'm made up and I think we are playing some boss boss football. We have certainly picked up where we left off.

The United game we were by far the better side, Villa were awful, but we showed our class and tore them apart which isn't easy to do in the Premier League and we did what we were supposed to against Leyton Orient.

But let's not get carried away with all this 4th place talk and winning silverware stuff just yet. You know we are a defeat away from the fumes on here. Mirallas showed ability last night and i'm sure he'l prove to be a great signing, but he will need time to settle still.

Suspensions, injuries and the like will take their toll as the season goes on, but lets not go all Spurs and Newcastle and claiming we are going to win everything and have a boss season by going on twitter or Talksport and saying this is our time . We are only 3 games in, still a long long way to go and still a transfer window to see out yet.

I'm not being negative, as I said I am made up with how we are playing, the team is so balanced and we have so much versatility, but I'm just personally airing some caution, we are Everton remember.

Honestly if we play like this all year I'd be happy to finish 10th and not win anything. It's just great to watch. I feel like all those hours I wasted watching us exchanges hoofballs with the likes of blackburn have finally paid off.

I agree with the sentiment to not get carried away, but it's still important you enjoy and revel in the way we are playing. Because if you can't be optmistic and happy when your team's in form when can you be?

Honestly if we play like this all year I'd be happy to finish 10th and not win anything. It's just great to watch. I feel like all those hours I wasted watching us exchanges hoofballs with the likes of blackburn have finally paid off.

Superb point there. I'm just sick and tired of watching us be the football equivalent of paint drying for the first six months of every season.

It's just refreshing to see us playing well when it matters for a change. If we collapse after Christmas, I wouldn't be that bothered as I'd know at least that we give it our best right from the off.

Certain things haven't changed - I don't think Moyes has the mindset or tactical ability to win a cup, and I think there's a lack of quality in depth to mount a serious challenge for the Champions League spots this season, but for the first time in a while I don't think we're in imminent danger of disaster as a club overall.

Obviously there's a lot that can happen between now and the end of the season, with injuries in particular. I think we can be forgiven a bit of exhuberance though as we've started poorly for as long as I can remember. It'll be nice to see what we can do after a decent start.

I agree with the sentiment to not get carried away, but it's still important you enjoy and revel in the way we are playing. Because if you can't be optmistic and happy when your team's in form when can you be?

This.

I agree with that mate, but I suppose my point is let's not go all, "4th is defo ours" like Newcastle did last year and when that nob'ed Pardew said they were looking to emulating Arsenal and not Everton when asked "Are you looking to be more like Everton"

Spurs sign a few players who are good on Football Manager and its like "We're title contenders"

Spose i'm just asking for us not be bells like them

Everything Cena says is spot on, but, I'm just getting carried away to fcuk cos as a Blue the chance to dream is few and far between.

I'm not gunna give any other sides fans any Brian Swan style jib just yet though.

This.

I agree with that mate, but I suppose my point is let's not go all, "4th is defo ours" like Newcastle did last year and when that nob'ed Pardew said they were looking to emulating Arsenal and not Everton when asked "Are you looking to be more like Everton"

Spurs sign a few players who are good on Football Manager and its like "We're title contenders"

Also agreed. Let's not get cocky like some fans do, proclaiming we are the team to beat.. let's just quietly go about our business.

Played Cena. Exactly what i'm thinking.

We will no doubt about have bad spells this season. All teams do. We just need to not go mental when it happens.

I agree. It's unfortunate we can't get this message to some of those on twitter who will make the rest of the fanbase look like utter weapons if we keep up this form much longer.

This.

We're Everton mate, we'll leave that to the red ****e.

Status
Not open for further replies.