lethargic fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many of our fans lethargic to everything we do as a club, we do this, we do that, we always just shrug our shoulders. We make crap signings and all of a sudden they make sense (well to some)...and the biggest one is the club signing a fat Spanish RS pig and yet we have 'EVERTON FANS' defending him to the hilt, don't figure...by the way, Benitez is just the last in the list of us just shrugging our shoulders...
Whatever...:coffee:

Last edited:
Why are so many of our fans lethargic to everything we do as a club, we do this, we do that, we always just shrug our shoulders. We make crap signings and all of a sudden they make sense (well to some)...and the biggest one is the club signing a fat Spanish RS pig and yet we have 'EVERTON FANS' defending him to the hilt, don't figure...by the way, Benitez is just the last in the list of us just shrugging our shoulders...

They’re not worth getting much angry about anymore. It also clearly a fan base riddled with dim witted weirdos, sycophants , supremely arrogant blockhead scruffs taking other fans money to talk footy via YouTube/Spotify etc , proper arsehole dweebs obsessed with bed wetting jibes, phoneys & wind up merchants who can’t quit ever and fart whiffs like me who still regain hope we will win a trophy and still take pride in using old spice .

Conversely, I don’t understand why so many grown-ups let themselves get so riled up over something so relatively inconsequential. Just relax, guy.

We’re Evertonians. We’ve all put up with varying numbers of decades’ worth of madness already. This is what we signed up for.
This is my mantra. As a youth, I got wound up in football and it was 'important' to a fair extent, but as I've grown up my priorities have changed massively.

As I've mentioned previously, I have a simple rule: don't bring football home. If we've lost, there is absolutely no way I'm going to let my family suffer due to it.

I'm a ST holder and until recently I've regularly travelled away to watch the blues, and when I'm there (at the match) I am very passionate and engrossed.

I'll talk enthusiastically about the club and always want Everton to win, but ultimately I compartmentalise it. In the grand scheme of things, it's not important, at all.

It's a game. A game we love but a game nonetheless. I'm disappointed with Benitez's appointment and our signings, yet there's other things that are a priority.

The example of COVID and the league being halted was a clear example of this: some people got distraught; if it saved one life, I was happy for it to stop.

What I am trying to say there's a spectrum and it's not simply binary - love or don't care; basically, perspective is important in situations like this.

Lethargic?? Koeman literally had to change his Christmas tree decorations because Blues weren't happy with the colour of his baubles. You couldnt find a more highly strung set of supporters than Evertonians.

Lethargic is the last word I use.

Last edited:
They’re not worth getting much angry about anymore. It also clearly a fan base riddled with dim witted weirdos, sycophants , supremely arrogant blockhead scruffs taking other fans money to talk footy via YouTube/Spotify etc , proper arsehole dweebs obsessed with bed wetting jibes, phoneys & wind up merchants who can’t quit ever and fart whiffs like me who still regain hope we will win a trophy and still take pride in using old spice .
I don't use old spice.

And you know what, for a couple of hours at least before kick off in the packed ale houses down County Road in a fortnight's time, we'll forget all this despondency and misery and just be grateful we can get to the match.
Buckle yourselves in for three years in the unknown as we move towards the next chapter of our almost 150 year history.
My wish is that when we move to BMD, we are still relevant as a club befitting our history then see what happens.

I can have a good bitch and moan on here but as I have got older I don't get as worked up over it, still gets on my tits if we lose but only for the evening of the game.

I think it's because we've fallen so far behind the top teams I don't expect us to win anything anymore and so my love of the game has diminished as it's become harder for us to compete.

It's tediously boring the same clubs winning anything, managers/coaches who go out not to lose rather than try and win, it's just not exciting anymore. Before the Prem hardly any clubs had done a double now certain clubs get to all the finals as well, boring, I cba getting worked up over it.

I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time researching players and leagues as when I was younger and loved football, I also played, I'd spend hours on football manager and pro evo and I don't do any of it now. I don't know if it's age or it is the fact we aren't competitive, no idea.

Because football is football at the end of day. If you let it get beyond that, then you need to re-evaluate what's important in your life.

z Buddha  2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.