Let the counter-briefing begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it boils down to this Carlo realised it was going to take more time than he realised, and more money in the transfer market than we were offering. That coupled with the potential young signings we are targeting made Carlo realise we weren't going to succeed in the very short term. So he got a better offer and left.
But RM may be kicked out of the CL and aren’t exactly a bunch of spring chickens. I think their team has the same average age as Everton.
anyway. Hope he fails.

Moyes, a manager who engineered his move from us behind our back without the club knowing.

He should be nowhere near our club, he had his chance, nice one, move on.

Im not in love with Moyes, but if you spend 11 years at a club and completely see out each one of your contracts, only for it to be viewed as some sort of treachery, then how on earth can any manager leave the club in an amicable way?

Moyes could have left long before his 11 years and the completion of his fourth contract. Completing your contract as agreed is not treachery imo. Sacking your club off half way through one is tho.

Im not in love with Moyes, but if you spend 11 years at a club and completely see out each one of your contracts, only for it to be viewed as some sort of treachery, then how on earth can any manager leave the club in an amicable way?

Moyes could have left long before his 11 years and the completion of his fourth contract. Completing your contract as agreed is not treachery imo. Sacking your club off half way through one is tho.

I don't view Moyes time at the club as treachery, I do see how he left and engineered it as a slap in the face, and then the way he carried on towards the club and the supporters when he left quite frankly extremely poor. "Everton fans are a disgrace" His words.

The treachery was treating us with utter contempt and thinking he was bigger than he was, expecting us to bend over and hand over our best players. He held his word and seen out his contracts, this is true, but he did engineer leaving the club months before his contract finished - behind the clubs back.

His glass ceiling is what he done with us, and now with West Ham, I'll be shocked if thats repeated next season, thats just my opinion.

It's about "following" and "unfollowing" on social media being somehow indicative of player feeling. 90% of those accounts are run by agencies, it's a nonsense.

I do love the idea of Pickford calling up his social media agency 'Frank, this is urgent, unfollow Carlo Ancelotti on Instagram' 'Are you sure, Mr Pickford?' 'We have to show how much this means to us. Do it.'

He's gone we move on - No one person is bigger that EFC - end of the most important thing is - who we get to replace him absolutely crucial
Carlo shut the door when he left us - end of - maybe a has been as our football was getting worse under him the last part of the season we had some lucky wins Arsenal springs to mind ......
I would have liked another season out of him , but he chose to leave us ...... end of

If someone offered me more money and a sunnier location to do my job I’d be off like a shot. Carlo was never an Everton fan, he was an employee. Move on.

He's gone we move on - No one person is bigger that EFC - end of the most important thing is - who we get to replace him absolutely crucial
Carlo shut the door when he left us - end of - maybe a has been as our football was getting worse under him the last part of the season we had some lucky wins Arsenal springs to mind ......
I would have liked another season out of him , but he chose to leave us ...... end of

The Italian treacherous piece of shoite has indeed gone. Hopefully his Real M career will be a disaster and they boot him out after one year or so.

If someone offered me more money and a sunnier location to do my job I’d be off like a shot. Carlo was never an Everton fan, he was an employee. Move on.
Chaps that's all fair comment but this thread is about the media strategy rather than Carlo

Ancelotti’s insistence on huge sums for veterans would only deliver a short term fillip with the promise of a difficult future.

Moshiri is demanding that Brands deliver on the ‘last day of the Corinthian’s spirit’ that embodies the club and he will deliver a young Scouse captain leading the team out at Bramley Moore.

We are building a legacy now, look hard enough and you will see it.

(if I was head of Everton PR this is what I would be saying although crying while writing it).

Status
Not open for further replies.