Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, Martinez wouldn't be picking Distin if he didn't feel forced to due to injuries.

.....Stones return is on the horizon. Watching the U21 game v Sunderland was a reminder that Browning has a lot of learning to do, he was overrun and really got caught out for the 2nd goal. Saying that, I'm sure he will be better playing alongside experienced pro's.

As for Osman, he has played well at times of late but I agree he wasn't at his best last night. Overall it was very frustrating and utterly disappointing night. Things can change quickly, though, just remember the high everybody was on last Friday after the Wolfsburg game.

.....Stones return is on the horizon. Watching the U21 game v Sunderland was a reminder that Browning has a lot of learning to do, he was overrun and really got caught out for the 2nd goal. Saying that, I'm sure he will be better playing alongside experienced pro's.

As for Osman, he has played well at times of late but I agree he wasn't at his best last night. Overall it was very frustrating and utterly disappointing night. Things can change quickly, though, just remember the high everybody was on last Friday after the Wolfsburg game.

It can Eggs,but the big dissapointment for me this term has been on the back of four or five decent games when you're looking for us to "kick on" we have failed to seize the initiative,its just very frustrating.

It can Eggs,but the big dissapointment for me this term has been on the back of four or five decent games when you're looking for us to "kick on" we have failed to seize the initiative,its just very frustrating.

....yes, weird season though because lot's of other fans will be saying the same thing. Two ways of looking at it, we could've kicked on and be in a great position or we are still in the mix despite what's happened.

RM said season's following World Cups are often like this. Not sure if the stats back this up, but if top 4 is a target it's important we are sill in touching distance at the turn of the year.

....yes, weird season though because lot's of other fans will be saying the same thing. Two ways of looking at it, we could've kicked on and be in a great position or we are still in the mix despite what's happened.

RM said season's following World Cups are often like this. Not sure if the stats back this up, but if top 4 is a target it's important we are sill in touching distance at the turn of the year.
"If" and its a massive if,we were to win the EL,or even the FA Cup,I for one could certainly stomach a midtable finish.

I also prefer Hilbert, but there will be a fume here regardless.
Distan has pace - but is slow on the turn , and can not head a ball out - he and others are coming to the end at EFC - Osman is now a bit part player who can be useful , and has proved to be, but now he is only a 60 minute player at the most - Hibbert can play central defence but lacks height if alongside Jags - selling Duffy imo was a bad mistake - RM has mentioned youth since arriving - its more like he is using Dads army - like DM playing a name , and not the future!
RM bragged about our youth system well lets see some of it please!

Surely after 258 pages it has been determined that some people utterly despise Osman, whilst others think he was once a great player and is now past his best. Any need to continue with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.