Leon Osman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Let me start by saying that I quite like Ossie as a player. However, I think that with a fully fit squad he should not be near the first team. He doen't have any real attribute to make him a great player for someone so small and light. He does have a good touch, football brain and sometimes a true shot but for his size he needs to be faster or more skillful. The main criticism is that against the Sky 4 he goes missing.... completely.....he may as well not be on the pitch. This is a good yarsstick for a player I feel. It is all well and good playing well against Macclesfield or a run of the mill premier side but if we want to move on then we need to play players that can turn it on against the top 4. It is hard to knock a home grown, honest player but to me he just doesn't make the grade.

He's no wide player. Thats the problem.

And when we get a decent wide player then we have better in the middle.

Great for the squad though, cracking little player when you're two nil up and he's in a five man midfield.

When's Cahill's turn?

That's right, he's not a wide player, always does best in the middle. But I agree where we need to improve is to find a replacement for him long term.

Cahill has proved his worth. The only problem with Cahill is fitting him into a system in midfield. But the thread is about Osman, perhaps if we get a goodenough midfielder it will enable us to play Cahill and Fellaini in the same midfield which really enances our attacking options.

i think you can play both. Cahill supporting the striker and Fella box to box. Let's not forget that next year he will more up to premier league speed. I think it will work,

Status
Not open for further replies.