2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph (shudder) should be capable of playing there and i presume this was considered when he was purchased.

If a youngster with potential who Carlo and Brands like then sure, get an understudy. Otherwise it's not an immediate priority compared to other positions.

The priority for me would be GK and defence. 13 teams have conceded less than us this season. Palace, Newcastle and Burnley are more defensively sound than us.

That's not to say I wouldn't get a striker in also.

We need a centre mid and a right winger badly.
With Gbamin to come back in, I cant see a rush to run out and buy another DM. Right winger. Yes. But that would require both Iwobi and Walcott to leave.

The defence is weak. It's a weak starting four, and it's weak off the bench.

Keane is poor and we didn't replace Zouma, so a CB is defo required. RB is a shambles. We need one in if Kenny is not coming back. LB is Digne, as neither Baines nor Delph can be expected to play an extended run of games if Dign gets injured. And dont start me on that GK...

GK
CB
LB
RB

I'd prioritise those 4 positions.

Omg can you just take a chill pill once in a while....... quite possibly the most consistent player we’ve had in the last 15 years jags and Cahill notwithstanding .....it’s not up to him what the club agrees to pay him...hes performed well this season when called upon... and I’m sure he’d like a winners medal to show his kids when he’s in his 50’s in any competition but unfortunately he’s given us his best years won nowt and never chatted in the press
lol

With Gbamin to come back in, I cant see a rush to run out and buy another DM. Right winger. Yes. But that would require both Iwobi and Walcott to leave.

The defence is weak. It's a weak starting four, and it's weak off the bench.

Keane is poor and we didn't replace Zouma, so a CB is defo required. RB is a shambles. We need one in if Kenny is not coming back. LB is Digne, as neither Baines nor Delph can be expected to play an extended run of games if Dign gets injured. And dont start me on that GK...

I've rarely been so angry at the start of a season when Zouma wasn't replaced.

Going into the season with Mina, Keane and Holgate was nothing short of negligent. The only reason it hasn't been a complete disaster is because Holgate has developed into our best defender which I'm sure they didn't plan for.

Going into the season with Mina, Keane and Holgate was nothing short of negligent. The only reason it hasn't been a complete disaster is because Holgate has developed into our best defender which I'm sure they didn't plan for.
...made 10x worse by allowing Gueye to go - the only player that could shut down a lot of opposition attacks at source.

Zouma is nowhere near good enough.

Zouma is nowhere near good enough.

I didn't say he was but we didn't get him or a replacement for him.

Mina had been in and out with injuries, Keane is incredibly poor and Holgate was coming back from a loan spell at Brom where he played a large percentage of his games at right back and there were no whispers about him suddenly developing into a star centre back.

It's badly negligent to set up for a season like that. Holgate has saved a lot of people's blushes this season.

There was one from approach from United...because Moyes had just taken up the manager's job there.
Wrong, both Spurs and City wanted him along with that lot over the park........the lad is a LEGEND

There's no doubt we have had a little luck here, lucky with defensive injuries, lucky Mason Holgate suddenly grew into his Premier League boots and lucky up front that it clicked for Dominic and Richarlison because Evertonians were worried we were short up front.

So we've had a bit of luck for a change. Add to that Carlo Ancelotti joining and I might be foolish to think there's something in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.