2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Baines was one of our better players today, Dave will never admit it, even when Baines was one of the best full backs in the league Dave thought he was awful.
I know his best years are behind him and in an ideal world we would have a younger fitter back up left back, but, Baines played well yesterday.

If Baines scores a hatrick against Liverpool in a few weeks and stops them winning the league at Goodison, Dave would still find fault in everything else he'd done. His goals would have been easy and anyone could have scored them and Dave would have remembered Baines performing a poor throw in or something, in the 79th minute. When Dave hates someone, there is no going back. :)

My MOM, rolled back the years with a cultured performance and even improved on his main weakness of failing to stop crosses.

Leighton Baines scores Everton’s first goal v West Ham United on the 21st September 2013. This Premier League match was played at Upton Park, London and Everton won the match 2-3.

Baines was excellent , it shows what a professional he is and what an excellent footballer.
He has been sitting on the sidelines all season but has kept himself so well that he was seamlessly able to step back into the side when needed.

I feel that he will be kept at the club in a coaching capacity when he retires from playing, he seems like somebody who would have a lot to offer.

Baines was excellent , it shows what a professional he is and what an excellent footballer.
He has been sitting on the sidelines all season but has kept himself so well that he was seamlessly able to step back into the side when needed.

I feel that he will be kept at the club in a coaching capacity when he retires from playing, he seems like somebody who would have a lot to offer.
Of course he will. As sure as Bill Kenwright makes unwatchable films and plays he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.