2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC: @davek

Come on mate, give credit where due.
Laughing at the praise he's been given for that performance.

Two things he did of note: he got back and denied Ighalo; he put a decent cross in first half for Richarlison.

The rest was a combination of getting brushed off the ball first half and a demonstration of just how shot he is as a forward-playing FB: checking back after a jog up the line and playing sideways and back; never overlapping for Richarlison.

That's it.

His perfromance overall underlined just how much we miss Digne attacking the goal line.

Laughing at the praise he's been given for that performance.

Two things he did of note: he got back and denied Ighalo; he put a decent cross in first half for Richarlison.

The rest was a combination of getting brushed off the ball first half and a demonstration of just how shot he is as a forward-playing FB: checking back after a jog up the line and playing sideways and back; never overlapping for Richarlison.

That's it.

His perfromance overall underlined just how much we miss Digne attacking the goal line.

I agtee with this. Cant see what all the praise is for...

Gave Richarlison no help all afternoon. The poor lad was left to run up and down that line all day on his own. All Baines did was get 2/3rds the way up the pitch, check and pass square or back. No overlapping at all.

Richarlison's heart must have sank when he heard Digne was unfit.

You have a great world you live in. I’ve noticed people you don’t like fail in every step they make. And viceversa with people you like. I wish all the people I don’t like failed all the time. Your a lucky man Dave lad.

I thought Baines was one of our better players today, Dave will never admit it, even when Baines was one of the best full backs in the league Dave thought he was awful.
I know his best years are behind him and in an ideal world we would have a younger fitter back up left back, but, Baines played well yesterday.

You have a great world you live in. I’ve noticed people you don’t like fail in every step they make. And viceversa with people you like. I wish all the people I don’t like failed all the time. Your a lucky man Dave lad.
But you've only managed to make that comment by leaving out the previous line, which ran: "Two things he did of note: he got back and denied Ighalo; he put a decent cross in first half for Richarlison."

So, you see, you've set up a bit of a straw man there, haven't you?

But you've only managed to make that comment by leaving out the previous line, which ran: "Two things he did of note: he got back and denied Ighalo; he put a decent cross in first half for Richarlison."

So, you see, you've set up a bit of a straw man there, haven't you?

I have a little straw figurine I cello taped a lemon on and boot it around my gaf all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.