2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines played like a cowardly, yellow bellied, spineless turd today. His passes didn't even go sideways, they all went backwards, which put unnecessary pressure on our central defenders. Not ONCE did he make a purposeful, forward or decisive pass today. Hiding by passing the buck to others to deal with the ball. The, 'I didn't give the ball away so no-one can blame me', attitude. Always chose the easy option 5yard backward pass. Well, my gran can do that. I'm sorry, but this spineless, cowardly attitude doesn't cut it at the top level anymore. He was a passenger today, and in fact he was worse; we played with ten men today. a non-entity. A sad excuse for a footballer. Shouldn't be allowed near an Everton shirt again. A disgraceful display of football from him.
Not great, but still had a better game than Sidibe. Who bizarrely seems to have been one of your ten men today.

Baines played like a cowardly, yellow bellied, spineless turd today. His passes didn't even go sideways, they all went backwards, which put unnecessary pressure on our central defenders. Not ONCE did he make a purposeful, forward or decisive pass today. Hiding by passing the buck to others to deal with the ball. The, 'I didn't give the ball away so no-one can blame me', attitude. Always chose the easy option 5yard backward pass. Well, my gran can do that. I'm sorry, but this spineless, cowardly attitude doesn't cut it at the top level anymore. He was a passenger today, and in fact he was worse; we played with ten men today. a non-entity. A sad excuse for a footballer. Shouldn't be allowed near an Everton shirt again. A disgraceful display of football from him.

Are you for real????

It's just a shame we don't have a young lad from the u23s we could use for when Digne is out. Seems like Arsenal have loads of them they can call upon, several of which ran the show for them yesterday. When was the latest time one of our academy graduates came through? Davies doesn't count as he'll be in the Championship next season, and DCL and Holgate were bought in at 18/19 years old.

Showing Pepe inside onto his left foot for the winner wasn’t great like.
Yes agreed but Pepe wasn't by the byline and we often see him look to cross and then dummy onto his right and burst into the box.

I'm not saying it's good defending but it's understandable given Leighton is 55 years old and Pepe is much younger and quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.