2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seathestars

Player Valuation: £60m
Leighton Baines - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: @Seathestars

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Leighton Baines's 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

Interesting discussion on podcasts today about whether Digne will come straight in as first choice or not.

My own view is that there should be a nice balance at first between Digne settling in and Baines using the opportunity to manage his fitness properly. And that's assuming Digne settles in as people want and expect. It also wouldn't surprise me if the eventual solution involves both Digne and Baines.

Whatever happens, let's make sure we show Baines the appreciation he deserves while he's still here. A joy to watch on the pitch and a rare breed off it.

"If Everton come looking for me, I'll be moving to Everton -- because I'm an Evertonian."

"Leighton Baines - season 2018/19"........those words are like someone walking up to me, clearing their throat, and spitting the contents right in my face.

His continued presence here at Everton is a disgraceful insult.

"Leighton Baines - season 2018/19"........those words are like someone walking up to me, clearing their throat, and spitting the contents right in my face.

Praise then for Silva and Brands for moving to get a first choice left back in?

Praise then for Silva and Brands for moving to get a first choice left back in?
If it happens then, yes. I'm still hearing this as a signing that "places pressure on Baines" though. The mere fact he's even being considered for a starting place is an outrage. He's terrible now.

Haha, you never let me down mate x

Status
Not open for further replies.