Match Thread Leicester City v Everton (Wednesday 16 December 18:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....terrific. Main praise is for Ancelotti for getting the defensive organisation right. I’ve been very critical of him but the last two games have been terrific.

We carry threat, so if we can be defensively sound we are capable of winning games.

So many deserved of praise, all of the back four excelled but I thought Mina was worthy of special mention for a disciplined and efficient display. Allan terrific for his injury but we coped in his absence. Doucoure was outstanding, though, and has to be MoM for a very industrious and controlled midfield display.

UTFT.

You know mate this is going to sound harsh, but I don't know why it took so long to figure it out. Half the folks in here knew he needed to revert to a back 4 and stop this wingback nonsense

Great disciplined team performance, typically though I never felt safe particularly when Vardie had the ball ready to take the pen . Hard to pick between Dacoure and Keane for me , a clean sheet so I’ll give MoM to Keane.

I'm feeling a red card for a professional foul on Vardy when he's clean through on goal.

Also feeling a 2-1 Everton FC victory.

Plenny of pace in our back line so really hoping it's a sit deep and counter attack job. Dom can have the ball stick to him if we can get it to him, but Richi needs to buck his ideas up here and put in a performance that yields results.

Just the red card and the Leicester goal prediction off. Great performance boys.

I'm gonna mention Siggy. He's come in for a lot of stick, but tonight, he stuck to his task. No mad challenges, but stuck to the script. Held his position when they had the ball and didn't drift. Filled the gap and linked well when we re-gained possession. Corners played on their mind all night, and delivered a supreme cross that had their defence all over the place for the second goal. Credit where credit is due in an overall superb performance...

We should be top of the league tonight but I’m so happy fantastic win that.
Phil Neville quickly put out the fire when asked about us challenging for the title there. Not that I think we're there yet, we blew any chance we had throwing away points against lesser sides, but you'd think Phil being an ex player would just say "you never know, hopefully" and not "they're a long way off that".

Status
Not open for further replies.