Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the most difficult games of football to watch I've ever seen. Great for the neutral. I'm gutted for both of us to be honest, a draws not too helpful.

As for the game itself I don't know how how to feel. You came out of the blocks like a team possessed and we couldn't string 2 passes together. But for poor finishing and a Daniel Iversen masterclass it could've been 3-0 early doors. For us then to go ahead and have the chance to go in 3-1 up is the devastating part. I knew he was going to miss and I knew when he did we wouldn't be winning the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season toffees
If only Danny Ward had established himself as your number one :( Iversen was fantastic last night. I think if Ward is in nets we win that about 4-2.

That was one of the most difficult games of football to watch I've ever seen. Great for the neutral. I'm gutted for both of us to be honest, a draws not too helpful.

As for the game itself I don't know how how to feel. You came out of the blocks like a team possessed and we couldn't string 2 passes together. But for poor finishing and a Daniel Iversen masterclass it could've been 3-0 early doors. For us then to go ahead and have the chance to go in 3-1 up is the devastating part. I knew he was going to miss and I knew when he did we wouldn't be winning the game.

I think on balance a draw is probably where it was at - but I do feel disappointed we didn't win. Once we'd survived the first half - where I thought Leicester were going to score with every attack, then the penalty save - I thought we were the more likely.

As you say, doesn't do either of us any huge favours. You'd have to say that as the away side, we ought to be happier with the point, but as the side higher in the table, the point does you more favours than us.

Those 2 saves from Iwobi and Doucoure were unreal, the last one even more so as it was bend around one of your defenders, the Lewin miss somehow and another McNeil save meant we could have had 6 lol, To think that was our most away shots since 2019, not sure if that shows how good we were or how bad you was. saying that we could have conceded about 5 as well,with the pen miss, the vardy shot against the bar and that vardy chance when Pickford ran out. but then again we always look like we can concede a bag full, but we dont and get away with it sometimes.

Near the end of the game Maddison picked up a yellow card. He then fouled Patterson but his mate ended up getting the yellow card...was it just me who saw this?
i had left the room by this point as i couldn't take it anymore. Started to rewash clean plates to avoid biting what's left of my nails

Those 2 saves from Iwobi and Doucoure were unreal, the last one even more so as it was bend around one of your defenders, the Lewin miss somehow and another McNeil save meant we could have had 6 lol, To think that was our most away shots since 2019, not sure if that shows how good we were or how bad you was. saying that we could have conceded about 5 as well,with the pen miss, the vardy shot against the bar and that vardy chance when Pickford ran out. but then again we always look like we can concede a bag full, but we dont and get away with it sometimes.
As I said, for a neutral it must've been a great watch but for us it was torture!
I think it was a bit of both. You looked well up for it and we looked shell shocked. I was impressed by how positive you looked

It was a strange weekend for us.
The disaster on Thurs but then with Forest, Southampton and Leeds losing then the point last night improved our situation slightly.

I thought it was a much improved, braver performance last night. We could have won but then we could have lost also. A point was probably fair.

For me, I thought Patterson did well and certainly raises the question as to why Holgate and Godfrey were played ahead of him in previous games.

vardy hitting the bar as well

Can't remember a Leicester winning any of them headers , there was a goal or 3 for us tonight.
It’s because Keane just lets the ball hit his head instead of actually being brave and attacking it. He should have hit the target at least 3 times - has to make the keeper work.

We all moaning about proper striker. DCL did just fine last night. But play without proper CMF is disaster. Can't expect that from someone who play DM whole career. Point is fare result, although didn't for a long time seen such a fine GK performance. Vardy made a mess out of our defence, we didn't have enough composure...

Thought we played around Leicester midfield well last night, great game plan then iwobi decides to go inside game changes from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.