Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when we do convert a chance or 2 the same idiots cost us again.

Can't argue with the performance tho , just wish Dyche would swallow his pride & drop Keane , its every game now.
He also should have made some changes they were running on fumes there.

23 shots at goal highest since 2019 , that's some stat away from home.
Yes- made much better use of Calvert-Lewin today. Should give them a confidence boost after last week. Lots of positives in that performance.

Honestly. What happened to our threat from corners too? Used to get me to sit up when we got them. Float one to the back post for Tarky to get his head on it. Seems it's just gone out the window

Even when we get our heads on it they just drift over because the ball is drifted in. I'm guessing they work on it a lot (seems a Dyche thing to do), so why are we so bad?

Would have liked to have seen some subs but not much on the bench.

I suspect he thought the pace of the game was too much for Onana who is often timid/slow on the ball & Gray has started not tracking back again when out wide compared to his work rate up top.

Maupay & Simms wouldn't have done ought.
A fresh Gray on the attack would have been dangerous. And Maups and Simms might not have done anything... but they also might have done more. Simms did bag a crucial goal against Chelsea. Why not against a struggling Leicester?

Still think changes would have changed that game. Took me back to Rafael days and I didnt like it

I think it might help as well if they are both mathematically safe from relegation by the time we play them as well

May not be arsed about the game

Hopefully
Not sure. Fulham had nothing to play for and we crumbled. At this point I'm just praying Leeds and Forest continue to fluff their lines. Leeds have City next but Forest are at home to S'oton so you expect them to win there. Brighton have the movement, pace and invention we hate to play against so hard to see us getting anything there.

Your desire to defend that God-awful manager both before and during his tenure as Everton manager never ceases to amaze me.

Fella's a joke.
We nearly won it on the counter attack, I don’t think Dyche did to much wrong, Simms on for the last 10 but apart from that not much else he could have done. Ok saying Gray who for Iwobi ? If so that a midfielder who defends gone Gray doesn’t defend so we could well have lost it bringing Gray on.

Status
Not open for further replies.