Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all too late really. If we'd showed anywhere near this level of fight earlier in the season we wouldn't be in this position. So as much as their keeper had a blinder, and DCL missed an open goal, its hard to point to any bad luck.

Constantly utterly pitiful, spineless performances are why we're probably gonna go, not tonight.

Still some hope but we're going to need loads to go our way.

Can't believe people aren't voting for Pickford. Saved the game single handed with the penalty and made a few crucial interceptions. Wasn't at fault for either goal. Be very sad to see him go if we do go down. (But I think he and DCL might have saved us tonight.)

Keeper had the game of his life but they missed a pen… probably a fair result but we’re still in all kinds of trouble. Really need Southampton to beat forest next week

Much better performance. Ahead of this weekend I thought Leeds might win but they were well beaten, so we’ve gained a point on them, Forest and Southampton. Point or better from either of the next 2 games would be a bonus.

Every player has it, Kanu scooped on over for West Brom years ago, Ronaldo did it for United at Bramall Lane, Torres for Chelsea at Old Trafford and so on
Dom misses loads of good changes, the fact is he isn’t very good but we pin our hopes on him as he’s the best we’ve got ( it pains me to say that, we should have much much better the money we have had to spend over the years)

Who knows if a point will be enough, ultimately. But one shred of hope: looks like the team is figuring out how to play with DCL's in the side. Finally movement and a bit threat up front. Woo hoo.....

Are you saying Dyche was right not to make any changes? You can argue about individual moments in the game, but changes needed to have been made. Fresh legs and have more up when we counter attack. Would have even taken Maups coming on just to change it up

Would have liked to have seen some subs but not much on the bench.

I suspect he thought the pace of the game was too much for Onana who is often timid/slow on the ball & Gray has started not tracking back again when out wide compared to his work rate up top.

Maupay & Simms wouldn't have done ought.

Much better performance. Ahead of this weekend I thought Leeds might win but they were well beaten, so we’ve gained a point on them, Forest and Southampton. Point or better from either of the next 2 games would be a bonus.
Still got to get out and above them, if we do I think we will stay there, we need an unexpected win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.