Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He never turned spurs down that's all paper talk, Mouhino was fitted for that job weeks before he got it.Do you think those coaches from lille were asked to join the day before.That had been in the pipeline for a while.
The bigger club argument really is tedious but say for example Everton sack Silva and want Rodgers, does he go? You're a far bigger club than us with potentially bigger resources (I'd imagine) and a larger fan base. Genuine question, I'm not being facecous

He never turned spurs down that's all paper talk, Mouhino was fitted for that job weeks before he got it.Do you think those coaches from lille were asked to join the day before.That had been in the pipeline for a while.
And you're probably right about the Spurs job but they're the same media outlets that are saying Arsenal is Brenda's dream job

If I, a man who has never played football to any good level and was a goalkeeper, can see that Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson together is a recipe for midfield porridge why can't Marco Silva?

Leave aside the snark and disappointment, he must be at least a half way good observer of football so what is it that he thinks is going to happen that we arent seeing?
Desperation imo. He knows his heads on the chopping block and is afraid to take the risk on something different or youth. He'll stick with his more experienced players at his own expense. He's not willing to take the risks in a difficult moment

The bigger club argument really is tedious but say for example Everton sack Silva and want Rodgers, does he go? You're a far bigger club than us with potentially bigger resources (I'd imagine) and a larger fan base. Genuine question, I'm not being facecous
It is a good question and honestly I don't know.We are mess at the minute.But for arguments sake I would say yes but in the summer not now.

While I can understand some people's opinion that a loss today could be for the best long term if it leads to Silva's exit, yesterday's results (Saints, Palace & West Ham winning, Newcastle getting a shock point) means getting something from today is even more vital

He would be absolutely mad to leave what is a very good first team that can finish top 4, not much depth but owners willing to spend a bit to move here and inherit this absolute [Poor language removed] show. The amount of work needed here takes a lot longer than one season whereas this year so far you’ve been keeping pace with Man City!
The only fear I’d have as a Leicester fan is how you manage to replace Vardy when he inevitably loses pace in the coming years but as a 31 year old Evertonian I’d much rather have had your recent history than ours, bigger club or not!

He's onto a winner Rodgers, great club, money to spend, players love him, fans love him..... Yes if you double my wages I'll be there by this afternoon Mr Moshiri.

Being serious I don't think he would leave Leicester for Everton mate as things stand. He's doing a great job at Leicester and would be a complete tit to give that up to come and join our circus

He would be absolutely mad to leave what is a very good first team that can finish top 4, not much depth but owners willing to spend a bit to move here and inherit this absolute [Poor language removed] show. The amount of work needed here takes a lot longer than one season whereas this year so far you’ve been keeping pace with Man City!
The only fear I’d have as a Leicester fan is how you manage to replace Vardy when he inevitably loses pace in the coming years but as a 31 year old I’d much rather have had your recent history than ours, bigger club or not!
Replacing Vardy seems almost impossible to be honest. Thought Iheanacho would be a shrewd signing but..... Not so much. It would be interesting to find out how much of a lure a clubs history is to attracting managers. I get the ambition argument but this isn't the Arsenal of old we're talking about. I reckon that's a 5 year project at the very least to get them anywhere close to competing for the title. And as we know you don't get 5 years as a manger anymore with some instant success

He wouldn't come because he's managed the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.