Left Back.

Should Baines go Back in the line up instead of keeping Galloway?

• Yes.

Votes: 178 77.7%
  • No.

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Cheese on Toast.

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines is brilliant, so's Galloway, but although people seem to discount Baines moving to midfield when he played there against Newcastle last season I thought he was brilliant, he's got the legs for it and can pick a pass. He can replace Barry for me over the next few years and then bring Garbutt/Galloway through at left back.

Baines is brilliant, so's Galloway, but although people seem to discount Baines moving to midfield when he played there against Newcastle last season I thought he was brilliant, he's got the legs for it and can pick a pass. He can replace Barry for me over the next few years and then bring Garbutt/Galloway through at left back.

People tend to rip on this on here but I agree with you personally. The Newcastle game was a bit of a shambles but on an individual basis Bainesy managed to look good there.

All really depends how long Barry lasts and what happens with Besic I suppose

He was indeed brilliant at Newcastle mate but moving Baines to midfield means you're telling Besic that he's gonna be back up still. He's too good to be on the bench when Barry is phased out of the team. Baines can carry on at LB till he's 33 or 34 and when he starts slowing down he can have a Barryesque role where he doesn't play two games a week. For me the issue is we've got 4 Left Backs if you put Oviedo into the picture and we love them all. Any one of Garbutt, Oviedo and Galloway (if he's still a LB in 2 years) can be a first choice LB and no matter how much I love Oviedo baby, he looks the most likely to be shipped out. When Jags in finished and if Stones decides to stay on our best back four could be Coleman, Stones, Mori and Galloway/Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt.

Hopefully when we qualify for Europe we can accommodate 4 LBs easily given the number of games. Injuries happen as well so you have to take that into account as well but having 4 of them when all are more than capable is going to be an issue.

Please no.

The Irony is that Garbutt went to get a run of games at a decent level and hasn't
Galloway has had a run of games at a higher level...and looked very good doing it.

Baines and Oviedo; they must be given a chance to show a decent run of injury free form, if they can't an option would be to get rid of Baines and/or Oviedo, this would get rid of a massive chunk of wages. I wouldn't like to risk doing a Barry contract-wise with Baines.

If Stones stays or leaves will have an effect on the 4 into 3 doesn't go LB position.

It also helps or hinders the opportunities ( everybody stays long-term fit of course ) of Browning, Funes Mori, Galloway, Baines, Garbutt, Oviedo.

and potentially can spill over into DM with the Baines option plus Barry and Besic.

you also have to factor in Kenwright and the possibility of mad money 50+M bid for Stones.

As always with Everton, more questions than answers

P.S. and where does Jags fit in to all this...and for how long will he be a first choice.

Take it we need this again.

After his work rate in games should Galloway stay?

Thought Galloway was targeted and at times exposed against West Ham.

If Baines is ready then he should play in my opinion. He may need a behind closed doors game during the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.