Left Back.

Should Baines go Back in the line up instead of keeping Galloway?

• Yes.

Votes: 178 77.7%
  • No.

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Cheese on Toast.

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoatJR

Best Young Poster On GOT.
When Baines is fit should he go back into the squad or should Galloway stay in the team?

I honestly can't decide Jr. mate.

Galloway has done amazing. I really think he makes us more solid.

But he doesn't offer even nearly as much going forward as Baines.

If pushed to a decision, I'd keep Galloway.

But he doesn't offer even nearly as much going forward as Baines.
I think this is an aspect of the game which he is developing with every senior game he plays. At first he offered pretty much nowt.

Now on the other hand, he's surging along the line more, beating men and has thrown in some solid crosses. He's had a few shots as well.

Obviously Baines can offer much more in this department, but I don't think Galloway is too poor and he'll get better with experience.

As you mentioned defensively he looked more than capable. While I think Baines will be reinstated, I hope he isn't automatically put back in.

It's a bit like the Robles situation last season: played well and then dropped simply because Tim is first choice.

Baines is one of our most important creative/linking outlets and has been for years. He's still the best left back in the country by a mile.

Galloway as much as he has impressed me, still looks like a centre half playing left back. Taking nothing away from the lad, he is going to be some player and some centre back. The prospect of him and stones as our centre halves makes me drool!

Baines though, is another level in that position, his distribution, link play and ability to go past a man make us a different animal going forward. His reliability and consistency will be very important for us this year.

Bainesy is numero uno. But Galloway has been utterly fantastic, enough to make me think twice about bringing back one of if not the best left back in the league. If Galloway could cross he'd be staying in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.