Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I was at Leeds, Lampards Dad scored the late winner in 1980 FA Cup Semi, I was too young for Dave Hicksons goal in 1952, sorry I did see us win at Leeds, it was against Spurs in FA Cup semi 1995 Dan Amok. I have never seen us beat Leeds in a league match, I think this game tomorrow is a must
for us to win.

Tough game this they are relentless at home and press like mad my fear is our lack if pace back there I would put Coleman in and Maupay should start. There will be chances on the break but we need to resist the press and break it. Tough.

Agreed. It’s partly why it’s been so frustrating watching our board dithering about while we so clearly needed reinforcements weeks ago. Had we brought in a striker and another attacker in a month ago when we sold Rich, there’s a good chance we’re on 5 points instead of two. Now with Liverpool, Arsenal, and West Ham on the horizon after Leeds and a pretty tricky October, the potential wins don’t really stand out anywhere coming up.
That's why we should be backing the manager, he has been dealt a bad hand and this team needs rebuilding it may get worse before it gets better.

Honestly though if Leeds happen to smash us by three or four goals this will be the first nail in the coffin for Lampard. Liverpool and Arsenal after this, could very, very easily be two points from 18 and rock bottom of the division. Hard to pick up confidence from there and the board may, rightly or wrongly, decide to act.
Board should have acted by buying a forward rather than hamstringing us in four games. Sacking another manager won't solve our issues. Also as tough as those games are we will hopefully have more additions and have often improved against the so called bigger teams

GK: Pickford
RCB: Coleman
CB: Coady
LCB: Tarkowski
RWB: Patterson
LWB: Mykolenko
CM: Onana
CM: Iwobi
RW: Gray
LW: Gordon
ST: Maupay

Mick Lyons scores Everton’s second goal in their 3-2 victory against Leeds United in this League Division One match played at Goodison Park, Liverpool on the 28th September 1974.

That was the time Leeds never brought any fans to Goodison, but they went to Anfield and Old Trafford?

Status
Not open for further replies.