Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No you don’t. The atmosphere is like that at every home game at Elland Road. Looking forward to the stadium expansion which will take it up to 60,000. Leeds finished last season with a lot of consecutive games unbeaten without any fans being there! Fair result today I thought, great game to watch and would have been harsh for either team to lose. Leeds had only 2 players today that were not in their Championship team, a fact easily forgotten. Wish we would sign a couple of quality players that Bielsa could work with. The so called elite top 6 clubs can shove it… good luck to teams like Everton and Leeds I say.
lol

Im sorry, but I'm not having that.

I'm not convinced by Leeds. Their defence is wide open much of the time. They've a good midfield.
See I don’t see the thing about Phillips he’s like that Declan Rice. Everyone raves about him but they never stand out when I watch them. If we get that third at 2-1 today we go onto to win by 4/5-1. Most teams will ruin Leeds and tbh this so called great atmosphere they have is non existent. Just like the clowns in the north east. Self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

Just back from the game, highlights for me include:

- Demarai Grey looking like he could actually be a very good player for us
- Decent overall team performance (should have come away with all 3 points)
- Away fans in good voice for the most part and
- Delph getting a well deserved hearty booooooing from a large part of the Everton fans when he was subbed on, the horrible little rat

leeds seem to have this shoot on sight policy, the amount of pot shots they were taking from ridiculous angles and areas was bizzarre, as you can see from the stats they had 17 shots same as us, but less shots on target. I sometimes feel that they just hit and hope and maybe there will be a deflection or it will run onto a path of an oncoming leeds player. I think because they just surge forward in numbers the hit and hope approach sometimes pays off for them.

by the way how unlucky that doucoure shot which got deflected didn't go in at the end there.

Status
Not open for further replies.