Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen I hate Rafael, I have always thought he was the most overrated manager's around, and I genuinely lost faith in the club I supported all my life when he was appointed, but credit where credit is due - both the Southampton and Leeds games have left to question what would have been the result under Carlo and I am left thinking that both games would have been losses. At Leeds today we saw an attacking Everton team in its infancy with the addition of a couple more players and the exit of some more deadwood I am genuinely feeling more optimistic than I have for a long time.

The performance today was excellent, and I think the Everton team of last season would have caved, Leeds needed a result today, they had to get one following the humiliating, gut-wrenching battering from the team they hate....(I know how that feels)...it was the first full house for donkey's years at Elland Road, that atmosphere was the 11th man and Everton were unlucky to not get the full 3 points.

I mean we got lucky with the Ref who is a Barnsley Fan and hates Leeds, but fair play, the only question I have is why it's taken so long to get some pace????????

Listen I hate Rafael, I have always thought he was the most overrated manager's around, and I genuinely lost faith in the club I supported all my life when he was appointed, but credit where credit is due - both the Southampton and Leeds games have left to question what would have been the result under Carlo and I am left thinking that both games would have been losses. At Leeds today we saw an attacking Everton team in its infancy with the addition of a couple more players and the exit of some more deadwood I am genuinely feeling more optimistic than I have for a long time.

The performance today was excellent, and I think the Everton team of last season would have caved, Leeds needed a result today, they had to get one following the humiliating, gut-wrenching battering from the team they hate....(I know how that feels)...it was the first full house for donkey's years at Elland Road, that atmosphere was the 11th man and Everton were unlucky to not get the full 3 points.

I mean we got lucky with the Ref who is a Barnsley Fan and hates Leeds, but fair play, the only question I have is why it's taken so long to get some pace????????
We got lucky? They shoulda been down to 10 men

I would take a draw right now and get out of dodge
This was my half time assessment, much improved 2nd half and feels like 2 points less than we deserved. Impressed with the tempo definitely playing much more on the front foot, if only Dom could have dinked that ball over the keeper from Iwobi's pass.

I don’t like Delph like everyone else but what did he do wrong? Overhit one pass didn’t he? He won possession back over on the far side too. He really weren’t That bad chaps, he was ok. Will probably start Tuesday.
You reckon?That fifteen minutes will have put him out to til xmas I think lol

First full house for donkey’s years at Elland Road? Really? Elland Road was full every game for the past 3 years?

Pretty terrible defending for that second goal for Leeds watching the highlights
Doubt they'd be pleased about our goals either. Often defensive errors lead to goals. Just how it is. Our midfield and strikers can mess up loads without consequence. Not excusing it. Just not too concerned

Just got back, good performance from us, could have easily been a win with better finishing, the travelling blues were in tremendous voice throughout, weapons the Leed fans though, some little stone island crew to our right, watch the match you bellends.
Where were you? Usually behind the goal aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.