Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave it to Gray I thought he was the sharpest on for us .Cannot moan about Dom's 1on 1 if I don't moan about the clown we have at the back .Two in two for Michael . I thought Yerry was immense and Alex Iwobi played well which for me is a lovely surprise .

Very encouraging so far. Some of our attacking play is excellent. Genuinely very pleasantly surprised with Benitez.
Just need to tighten the defence
True.....we have players who want to carry the ball now and some who want to take players on. Noticed more shots also. Hopefully this season will see our attacks with less fizzle out than prior seasons.

Would have taken a draw before the game, with it being their first home game with fans in a generation. Little bit frustrating as we definitely had chances to wrap it up, but the performance was great. First away game under the belt, let’s go into Brighton with some confidence now.

I'm happy to see the players looking a bit fitter anyway. If we'd have gone there second game of the season last year I'm not convinced that we'd have been able to keep up with them.

Solid performance, draw a fair result I reckon from what was a great game to watch. Gray’s goal was a beauty but then so was their equaliser, not going to berate Dom for the chance, keeper made himself big to cut the angle, thought the one from Gray’s low ball was the one that should have gone in more

Need to follow this on Tuesday night with a potential banana skin, need to play close to if not full strength there
I don't think a draw was fair stevie. We had much the better chances and more clear cut chances in the game. Their goals came from a Keane mistake and a strike through an eye of a needle. We got through them quite a few times and should have won.

I'm not disappointed about that too much but to say a draw is fair makes it sound closer than it was.

Gave Gray the MOM but strongly considered Mina for his last bit of game-saving defense against Bamford as well as his and Bamford's effort at improv comedy earlier in the match.

Exciting match.

Gritty performance today made up we matched Leeds aggression and had the chances to win this outright, but a draw probably a fair result and one I'd had definitely taken beforehand.
Also our passing was much better today, we looked fitter than last year and more organised.

And breathe. Good game for the neutrals. Rubbish for the nerves. Keane had another mare. Hopefully Mina x Godfrey as CB next time but definitely positives to take out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.