Match Thread Leeds United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pleased with the win.

A lot of good performances.

Godfrey MotM for me. Such pace and power, controlled aggression, did everything right.

Doucoure not far behind. Never stopped.

Susanna Hoffs of a ball from Gomes to Digne to cross for the first goal. Absolutely gorgeous... When he's like this he's a real asset, shouldn't have to be reminded to put the effort in.

DCL looked more mobile so his fitness must be returning, good headed finish. Shooting wasn't great though.

I'd be more calmer watching us with Olsen in goal. Just the simple stuff simply for the majority of the time.

Always feels good when we win.

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa, speaking to BBC Sport

The two goals they scored were preventable. The first 30 minutes of the game was good for us and the second half as well. We managed to find goalscoring opportunities and avoid a third goal. Finally we didn't manage the second goal.

It is true they played an energetic game. Maybe the fact they were in front allowed us to take the initiative. After they were winning by two goals they gave us the ball and started defending in their own half. The amount of goalscoring opportunities we created makes us think we should have had a draw or win."

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa, speaking to BBC Sport

The two goals they scored were preventable. The first 30 minutes of the game was good for us and the second half as well. We managed to find goalscoring opportunities and avoid a third goal. Finally we didn't manage the second goal.

It is true they played an energetic game. Maybe the fact they were in front allowed us to take the initiative. After they were winning by two goals they gave us the ball and started defending in their own half. The amount of goalscoring opportunities we created makes us think we should have had a draw or win."

All fair that. I like Bielsa.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BBC Sport

It's special because it was a difficult game against a difficult team. We did really well in the first half. Second half was more difficult because we conceded early. To arrive at the end of game was not easy.

"The sacrifice, concentration and motivation was good. I'm really pleased with the reaction after the Newcastle defeat.

"The plan was to be intelligent in the game and defend well and find the opportunity to counter-attack. They push a lot of players in front.

"We lost a little bit of confidence after the goal. But this team is showing when they defend we are comfortable.

"We have better luck away from home. I hope [next opponents] Manchester United scored all their goals against Southampton."

Screenshot_20210203-221506.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.