Leeds, Leicester and the other small clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do sue, surely only one team gets paid out.

They couldn’t have all stayed up we can only occupy one space in the league and it can only be for one season.

Can’t say that 6 clubs would have stayed up or 6 went down because of us
This is it, and you'd think that fact would be obvious to certain muppet journalists talking about 300m claims and the like.

It's also where this supposed cosy alliance between Leicester, Burnley and (somehow) Leeds falls apart, because ultimately they have competing claims not complementary ones.

If the clubs can sue then why not the players suing us too - for lost bonuses/wages for staying/dropping out of the premiership. Ditto the club staff that were made redundant as relegated clubs made redundancies. Oh and what about the outlets close to the grounds, e.g. chippies/burger shops, who's footfall fell after relegation. Then there are the reduced number of hotel rooms used and the reduction in taxi revenues in the locality of the relegated club's grounds....

If the clubs can sue then why not the players suing us too - for lost bonuses/wages for staying/dropping out of the premiership. Ditto the club staff that were made redundant as relegated clubs made redundancies. Oh and what about the outlets close to the grounds, e.g. chippies/burger shops, who's footfall fell after relegation. Then there are the reduced number of hotel rooms used and the reduction in taxi revenues in the locality of the relegated club's grounds....

Suing us for spending money, can we sue the teams spending a lot more eg; united being billions in debt?

The commission has already ruled that no sporting advantage was gained by our technical breach of P+SR. I’d say that was pretty much the end of the matter
And contradicted by the commission accepting that an affected clubs may be able to bring a claim.

But , yes , in principle that finding of no sporting advantage is potentially helpful

The commission has already ruled that no sporting advantage was gained by our technical breach of P+SR. I’d say that was pretty much the end of the matter
A lot of us thought that there was no way we'd get a points deduction and here we are..... nothing would suprise me now.
Lawsuit / administration / further 9 point deduction / no sale of club ? Could we cease to exist in the near future ? Seems like that's what they want.

This is it, and you'd think that fact would be obvious to certain muppet journalists talking about 300m claims and the like.

It's also where this supposed cosy alliance between Leicester, Burnley and (somehow) Leeds falls apart, because ultimately they have competing claims not complementary ones.
Incidentally all three clubs are under real pressure with FFP, dodgy owners and cash flow problems…. Where’s the commissions exploring their accounts?

Mancs?
Chelsea who’ve spent £1b after the last regime left and the club was frozen by the government?
City?
Barcodes?
And I’m sure the RS have got plenty of financial skeletons too.

The whole thing stinks and is an amateur attempt to deflect pressure off Masters, Sky six and the gravey train.

Can’t wait to get taken to court by Saints Sausages because they sell less sausage butties on a match day because there’s a few thousand less going the game. Come on.

Where does it state that? I've seen it mentioned before but from reading the judgment it suggests that a sporting advantage was enjoyed and for four seasons due to COVID.

It states later in the document that we didn't purposely look to gain an advantage and that we thought we would comply with PSR. I've yet to see where it says we didn't gain one.

Screenshot_20231119-000947_OneDrive.jpg

In terms of compensation. You would expect that all clubs would potentially be entitled to compensation in each season that a sporting advantage was considered to have been gained. Not only would it effect relegated clubs but clubs who we took points off where those points made the difference in where they finished in the league or similar.

Under the Premier Leagues rules they can, in addition to the points deduction, award compensation to other clubs which we would have to pay.

I'm not convinced that we can be sued for hundreds of millions in a private case brought by the other clubs. We all signed up to the Premier Leagues rules and are governed by them.

Taking the points deduction out of the equation, how can the other clubs say that the sporting advantage we gained was so significant that we would have been relegated in lieu of them had we not had it? They can't. Particularly given it is only a technical breach of PSR and not that we improved the squad significantly.

The only major gripe some of them can have is that the breach was not dealt with in either the 21/22 season or the 22/23 season. Had we been punished in either of those seasons we'd have gone down in place of someone else. That only affects two teams and is ultimately not our fault. It's the fault of the Premier League and the reason they have changed the rules for any future PSR breach.

It’s madness! If 3 clubs can sue Everton, then every club in the premier league can.

Then 19 other clubs can sue Chelsea and man city if they are found guilty.

Then every club who lost a cup game to Everton Chelsea and man city can sue too.

Then every club who played city or Chelsea in Europe can sue them aswell.

The fact is the findings say Everton got no sporting advantage immediately ends the chance of any case to be answered to the relegated clubs.

Chelsea and Man City though, they 100% got a sporting advantage.
If 1 ffp breach/case = 10 points, then 115 = 1150 points and they gained a sporting advantage, meaning every club Man City played were cheated against and lost out financially. They should be finished professionally and financially.

If City got hit with a massive penalty then surely it would only count once and they would be relegated to the championship as worst case?

How could it apply that they would go down 2+ divisions?

They would have to sue the premier league rather than Everton now we have been punished.

They all signed up to this so how they can take legal action when the governing body has handed down the punishment already.

Yes thats the view / hope i have.

The lessons learned by other clubs is
1. Don't waste your time and energy cooperating, you'll be severely punished regardless
2. Don't jeopardise your league position by reducing transfer spend to attempt to balance the books, you'll be severely punished regardless

I truly hope a regulator is appointed because this decision was so disproportionate and not the opposite the PL hope it does

Makes you wonder why we bothered communicating with them whatsoever as if we hadnt done so they may not have even realised the small margins.

Do we know of any sensible voices in the media about this? I heard once that their claim would be against the Premier league, not the club, as it goes against the rules? Something about 14?

Once again, the clubs can’t sue us. They can claim compensation through the Premier League. But the way the PL rule book is set up, PL clubs can’t go to CAS or law courts.
According to the Times any amount we are required to pay in compensation is taken from the purchase price 777 are paying to Moshiri so whether or not they are the right owners of the club there should be no risk of the club being forced in administration as a result of this.

if the sale doesn’t go through we will be in real trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.