Latest Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 6th page? You're slowing down, Dave.

I have to say, it's good news, but hardly unexpected. Still, if any goodwiil from the board can be capitalized on in the January transfer window, it could yet prove fruitful.
January transfer window will be "wrong time to buy players, they are too expensive, will wait until summer, should be easier this year with no WC distractions, will look to do business early..." etc etc etc . Best we can hope for in January is not to lose Ross, Leighton, Seamus, James or John Stones to Manure or the like. And just writing those names reminds me we have some top notch talent in our squad!

So basically, what you are saying is that we are small club who hasn't got a pot to piss in, we are run like a Village shop, have little or no revenue streams and outside of the NW and Wales, nobody knows us or gives a toss about us?

Hmmmm.

Mull the statistics over, muse about where it leaves the club, speculate about the possibilities now open with debt reduction and increasing revenue...I'll guarantee you that, regardless of all that, in 5 years time we'll still be owned by the same people, still penny pinching in the transfer market, and still dreaming up stadium schemes that never come to fruition.

Christmas Eve 1999. The blackest day in Everton's history when Kenwright and his fellow carpet baggers seized ownership of the club.

I got a playstation for Xmas that year, so all and all, it evens itself out!

Last edited:
Debt is harmless except in two cases:

1) when debt service requirements consume too much turnover/keep you from spending in other areas (i.e., you want to buy players, but can't)
2) when debt size and debt service ability prevents taking on new debt (i.e., you want to build a new stadium, but can't secure financing)

Reducing debt is a clever move in the chess match, but wiping it out entirely is a foolish move because it has no end game.

This, and if you hold the debt long enough inflation eats away at it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.