• Koeman, Martinez, Moyes

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fromage sur malaise

Votes: 26 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman, Moyes, Martinez

This is how I voted mein frandel, yes the font, im just gonna roll with it.

The reasons are clear.

Moyes is vastly superior to Martinez, Moyes got us 4th, Moyes got us a cup final, Moyes took the club from 17th to 4th, all on a net spend over 11 years of less than Niasse cost, Martinez took the club from 5th to 11th whilst spending 100m on 22 players, his best placing was 5th and he only got us to a semi-final.

Then in order to judge Koeman and Moyes, given the lack of time Koeman has been here, we look at the trophy count, Koeman has 9 trophies in Holland, Spain and Portugal, Moyes has 1 Charity Shield and a League One Title.

So to review :

Koeman > Moyes > Mike Walker > Kendalls 3rd spell > Unsworths 1 game > The tea lady > Martinez
72 points though mon frere x

Martinez also won a cup with Wigan, albeit the same season they were relegated but he's still won more in English football than Moyes and Koeman have (Charity Shield doesn't count) collectively.
Yep. Can't deny that. But that's 6 games. Avram Grant got a shockingly bad and relegated Portsmouth to the cup final as did Dave Jones at Cardiff (not winning it admittedly) nor would Martinez had City not sacked Manchini 25 minutes prior to kick off (in my opinion) Alec Mcliesh got Birmingham a league cup and a 11th placed finish, I wouldn't of wanted him either.

Koeman, Moyes, Martinez

The reasons are clear.

Moyes is vastly superior to Martinez, Moyes got us 4th, Moyes got us a cup final, Moyes took the club from 17th to 4th, all on a net spend over 11 years of less than Niasse cost, Martinez took the club from 5th to 11th whilst spending 100m on 22 players, his best placing was 5th and he only got us to a semi-final.

Then in order to judge Koeman and Moyes, given the lack of time Koeman has been here, we look at the trophy count, Koeman has 9 trophies in Holland, Spain and Portugal, Moyes has 1 Charity Shield and a League One Title.

So to review :

Koeman > Moyes > Mike Walker > Kendalls 3rd spell > Unsworths 1 game > The tea lady > Martinez

angry-man.jpg

No frandella, 5th place is not impressive.
We'll be lucky to get anywhere near 5th with this guy in charge. More like 15th. The fella hasn't got a clue, he has brought the worst traits of Moyes and Martinez and combined them. Hence why I voted Moyes > Martinez > Dutch Brendan Rogers.

Koeman, Moyes, Martinez

The reasons are clear.

So to review :

Sorry mate, that's great read, but no way is Koeman ahead of Moyes.

We'll be lucky to get anywhere near 5th with this guy in charge. More like 15th. The fella hasn't got a clue, he has brought the worst traits of Moyes and Martinez and combined them. Hence why I voted Moyes > Martinez > Dutch Brendan Rogers.

Silence!

Sorry mate, that's great read, but no way is Koeman ahead of Moyes.

Of course hes not, as an Everton Manager, you know why Ian, cos Koeman hasnt even finished a season yet, thus in order to judge we must use external factors.

You're right, that's the idiom, but you're using it incorrectly for rhetorical effect (just as I am). All three are/were Everton managers. If these aren't alike enough to compare, I'll retire. If you're suggesting that subtle differences in managerial style makes the three men impossible to compare and so we're unable to form our own competent opinions and therefore dependent upon your expertise to form our ideas, I've got a job at Sky for you.

Not subtle though, are they?

Going back to your own analogy: would it be fair to compare NFL defensive and offensive coordinators?

With respect, disagree. Plenty of managers have fluked a cup win.
Well, there are people who will tell you that a certain manager fluked 21 wins out of a 38 game season.

Nah, managers who win a trophy are by definition leaving their mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.