Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fromage sur malaise

Votes: 26 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityNigh

Player Valuation: £70m
Although many here have seen the club in better times and under better leadership, I'm sure there is a large contingent like myself that has only seen Everton under Moyes, Martinez, and Koeman. (Some, at least, have little memory of prior managers.)

Most reasonably, we should assert that Koeman's history suggests he will turn this squad around given time to build and that we should have expected some transition this season and may be duly excited in the next campaign, but there's no time for optimism when there's whinging to be done.

This is also a good place to add your comments about watching Kendall or Catterick manage the squad, or to tell us how it was when you were a STH watching McIntosh lead the team to glory.

Far to early to judge Koeman on his tenure, he's not doing great but nothing to say he can't turn it around, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Moyes did a great job to be fair, he just hit his limit. From where we were when he took over to how he left us, I can only say he did a good job. Then he spoilt it by being a gobsh1te when he left.

Last edited:

being honest I liked Martinez the most ( probably just because of his first season like ) moyes probably did the best work but he was a negative idiot, whereas I just don't like koeman, he is to boring

I think our main problem (apart from the lack of creativity) is that we don't close down other teams quickly enough. We give the opposition way too much time on the ball and they get all day to pick out that final pass. The collective effort of the team to close down has been poopoo tbh, and if we can improve that I can see the squad improving drastically. This is the one area that Barry holds us back, but he is the one player that picks out the killer passes that Ross should be making, so it is hard to take him out of the side. Ross and Lukaku need to do much more to close players down, and ffs Gueye needs to get back in form.

It's still too early to judge Koeman but I give it to him because he is the current manager. Moyes was long gone and his career is going downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.